Her Real Father

-Andrew Peterson-

She woke up and immediately was bending over the side of her bed to throw up in a very ironically placed trash can. What little had been in her stomach was now emptied into the trash. How long had she been out for? When she lifted her head from her bed she was met by the man she now assumed to be her father. Greg Parker. He was asleep in a chair set by her bed. For the first time since they'd arrived she took a moment to take him in.

His hair was greying at the roots, but the tips were still a dark black along with his beard. He was dressed in a plain white shirt, the sleeves rolled up to above his elbows revealing tattoos she hadn't seen before. The shirt had a loose collar bone showing her he had them up his chest as well. She could see she'd gotten her flare from him. On his left ear, she could see a star tattoo and if she looked closely a matching on his right. Across his clenched fingers the word 'love' was written in bold letters. It felt off for an Alpha, but it was there.

She glanced out a window to see it had stopped raining and the sun was beginning to shine. She had the urge to use the restroom, but when she swung her legs over the side of the bed she realized she'd been dressed in a pair of underwear and a comfortable fitting grey shirt.

She briefly wondered, and hoped, if Jake had been the one to dress her last night. Without another thought on the matter she got out of bed and stepped into the connecting bathroom to do her business. As she was washing her hands she heard her name called from the room. "Andrew?"

She dried her hands quickly. When she opened the door, she found her father awake and looking around panicked. "I'm right here." She smiled, getting back into bed and throwing the covers over her exposed legs.

"How are you feeling?" He asked, possibly looking for solid ground. He sounded nervous, unsure of himself.

"I'm okay." Her voice was soft, "Do I have any siblings?" She questioned curiously after the photos she'd seen last night. Her whole life she'd only ever had Matt but had wished for a bigger family. Especially after her mother died.

"There should be three or four of those rug rats running around here. They aren't small anymore, but they still act like rug rats."

"What are their names? Will I get to meet them?" She felt like she was on the edge of her seat with excitement, leaning forward waiting to hear about them.

"First there's Grace, she's our oldest, sixteen. Then there's the boys, they're identical twins, thirteen. John and Grey. Finally, Alex, our youngest, she'd only ten. She is the most odd out of the four of them, though."

"You gave your daughter a boyish name? I guess I'm not the only one." She grinned, something feeling lighter in her heart.

"Listen Andrew, I'm sorry about what happened to your mom. I was young and an asshole. I know I was. I wish I could've been there for your whole life, and to think I was this close to you this whole time and didn't even know you existed. Breaks my heart. If I could go back in time and tell myself not to be such a fuck up, I would. Do you think we could restart?" He asked, hesitance in his voice as he couldn't make eye contact with her.

Her heart raced, she thought she was going to have another panic attack. For several long moments she focused on her breathing and controlling it. Then once it was calm she smiled, looking back up at him, "Yeah, we can restart." She found herself climbing out of bed and hugging him. He went stiff a moment out of surprise. Then laughter escaped his lungs.

"You know you look so much like her, Andrew." He whispered, and she sighed, pulling away.

"I wish she was here too." She quietly agreed.