𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍: 𝒆𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒏𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒆𝒙𝒊𝒍𝒆𝒅

𝙖𝙥𝙧𝙞𝙡 𝟳𝙩𝙝,𝟮𝟬𝟭𝟵

JULIETTE WOKE UP IN THE CAR WITH VIKTOR, THE CAR GOING OVER SEVENTY MILES PER HOURS. She mumbled incoherently before rubbing her eyes. She hissed as she sat up, gripping her side from the cramping. She was silent in her surprise over how she hadn't dreamed. 

No dreams came to her.

No blood. No apocalypse. No regret.

Something was wrong. 

"Viktor?" She yawned, eyes closed. No response, "Viktor? What's going on? Why are we in the car?"

"Harlan's missing." He gritted out.

Juliette's eyes shot open and she sat up so quickly that she felt a hammer pound her skull, "What? What do you mean missing?" She held her hand against her head.

"Did you see him? Did you...did you hear anything?"

"No." She replied. "I fell unconscious after he gave back your power."

"Shit. Shit!" He cried out, turning harshly onto a street.

"Viktor, Vik!" Juliette grabbed the wheel with a hand, steadying the car, "Calm down. We're almost to the Sparrow Academy and we'll find him."

The car came to a streaking halt in front of the Sparrow Academy. Juliette flew forward in her seat, almost hitting the dashboard if it wasn't for her seatbelt. Viktor grabbed what looked to be Harlan's walkman from the seat and jumped out. Juliette unbuckled herself, turning off the car before running in behind Viktor.

Juliette remembered walking past the Umbrella Academy nearly everyday on her commute to and from school. The mansion took up an entire block and she remembered looking at the gate that had two umbrellas on it, wondering if the life of a superhero was really worth it. The gates seemed like bars, but almost like it could give her the glory she always wanted.

She shook her head for a moment, the pounding returning, but she stayed right on Viktor's heels. The house inside was even more glorious, but she didn't pay mind to it. Instead, she was following the fury and anxiousness of Viktor.

"Where is he?" Viktor asked the crowd full of people.

Their eyes quickly fell onto the teenage girl next to him.

As quickly as Viktor had exited the car, Five jumped in front of Juliette. Ben, unfortunately, was victim to the surprise as he cursed from his sudden appearance. His hands made their home to her face, his eyes scanning her face. They were unforgiving as they landed on the bruise on her left cheek and the scab on her forehead. Signs of the impact from her fall.

She sighed and gave a shrug of her shoulders. Five pulled her to the side as the debacle continued. His hand was firm on her arm, unwavering in letting her go. Metaphorically or physically.

"What did you do to Harlan?

"They didn't do anything." Allison stood cold at the seat in front of them all. She sat as if she was seated upon a throne of righteousness. "I did. I killed Harlan."

Viktor stood in shock and Juliette stood up straighter.

She couldn't have. I told her about...Harlan was Viktor's...but...

Juliette couldn't process what had just been said and neither could her brother-in-law.

"What..." He took in shallow breaths, eyes tearing up, "I...I don't understand. Why?"