𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄: 𝒂 𝒇𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒊𝒏 𝒏𝒐𝒏-𝒅𝒂𝒚𝒍𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕

𝙼𝙰𝚁𝙲𝙷 𝟷𝟾 - 𝟷𝟿𝚝𝚑, 𝟷𝟿𝟼𝟹

ELLA AND FIVE WAITED OUTSIDE. Ella leaned on the car as Five paced back and forth. He had wanted to go in with Vanya to see his brother, Luther, but Vanya protested against it. Apparently, she had seen him before and wanted a chance to speak to him. Five nearly went against her when he noticed Ella feeling ill again. Maybe it wasn't what he planned, but he wasn't going to leave her again.

"You could have gone with her." She said, bringing him out of his pacing. "I'm fine."

"Clearly." He replied, stuffing his hands in his pockets before leaning forward, "If you tried to stand on your own, would you stand or fall down?"

"I'm going to take that as a rhetorical question."

"You always did." He sighed, correcting his posture. "Although this isn't how I would have liked us to be, it is nice to see you again. Even if you have no memory of me at all."

Ella opened her eyes and looked to Five, "I wish I did. I'm a bit jealous of you actually. You remember everything and I don't."

"It's not so nice when you're alone with the memories." He began to pace again.

"Tell me something." She said, her body regaining energy suddenly. "Anything. Who knows? Maybe it'll start up my brain again."

Five thought for a second, deciding to indulge to put an end to his reluctance to tell her anything, "Like what?"

Ella turned her body to face the boy and recalled a memory from the night before, "You said that the place that I saw was an "apocalypse". How did you know?"

"I'm not answering that."

"Why not?"

"You're not ready?"

"Not ready for what?"

"The truth."

"Then why ask me to choose? Huh?"

"Choose something else."

Ella sighed, albeit somewhat amused from the minor bickering session, "Okay. What was your first impression of me? You can at least tell me that, no? You seemed fond of me when I first met you."

Five looked into the distance, remembering the distinct day in the far past, "You were...a contrast to me. It made me dislike you only because I never really had a person like you around me."

"You didn't like me?" She gasped.

"For a time being, yes." He shook his head at her reaction. "Don't act offended. I'm pretty sure you only tolerated me at the beginning as well."

"Wh–"

A door slamming shut caught the attention of the two and Vanya came from the building. Ella could tell from her mannerism that she was upset, but Five didn't catch it quite as fast.

"Well that clearly went well. Ready to go?"

Vanya didn't stop and went up to the car door.

"I'm going back to the farm." Vanya stated, firm.

"Hey. Unacceptable. Remember, we need to stick together." He said.

Ella stood to the side, wondering if she had to intervene or not. She didn't know if she had siblings, but if she did, she had a feeling that arguments of siblings were not to be meddled with.

"Oh why? So, I can end the world again?"

What? Ella began to back up, keeping distance from the arguing siblings. Five looked back to the building, realizing that Luther had told Vanya that she had ended everything back in 2019.