10. Blue Yukata

Beginne am Anfang

"Then, maybe, dad knows?" He asks with stars present in his eyes full of hope.

His mom laughs. "How can he know? He doesn't know, tae." She walks inside leaving taehyung behind.

"Mom!" He whines, following her. "What do I do now? Everyone has to wear yukata." He says and his mom stops, turning to him.

"Why don't you take some help from natsuki? Go over to their place, they will surely help you." She suggests happily.

"Uh, but, wouldn't I be bothering them?" He asks hesitantly, "is that okay?"

"Why are you suddenly an introvert? Come on! Go or you'll be late." She feels the need to encourage him.

He thinks about it. Maybe it's really okay, right? Of course it is!

Just then, his phone rings, indicating an incoming call. He runs to the dining table where the phone was put.

"Natsuki? Hi!" His surprised voice surprises even himself.

"Oh! Okay, I'll be there." He says and hangs up.

"What was it about?" His mom asks.

"She asked me to come over so she can help me with the yukata. She already knew that I would struggle with it." He chuckles. All that thinking only for getting called to come over by her.

"That's good! How considerate!" His mom smiles and taehyung nods.

"Okay, I'll go now! Bye, mom." He quickly runs to grab the yukata from his closet and runs outside after saying bye to yeontan.

"Natsuki!" He shouts as he enters inside the main gate of her house.

"Get in. The door is open." He hears her yell from inside so he slides open the door, stepping inside.

He sees kei soundly resting on the couch and glances inside the kitchen. Her mom isn't there.

"Yukio! What are you doing out there?" He suddenly turns towards the voice only to get stunned.

Natsuki gets out of her room to call him inside. She stands just beside the door, one hand on the door as she looks at him.

The usual natsuki, who would always be in a simple shirt ot t-shirt and shorts, today wore the traditional dress and that made taehyung keep his eyes on her for more than necessary.

The tightly yet comfortably wrapped obi belt on her waist compliments her body really well. The soft blue colour with faint white and pink cherry blossom flowers printed on it goes perfect with her skin tone. Her hair is braided softly and tied with a blue ribbon.

"Is something wrong?" She asks when she finds taehyung looking at her dress and checks herself once again, looking down at her dress.

"No, you look really pretty!" He says without hesitation and smiles with his eyes.

Listening to his words, she looks up again, not quite believing her ears.

"Really?" She smiles awkwardly yet her ears turn red at the small compliment.

"Yes. Um, aunty isn't home?" He asks, avoiding her eyes.

"She already went out with her friends because I was waiting for you, silly! And yet, you're still standing here. Come on!" She almost yells and grabs his arm, pulling him in the room.

"This is your room?" He asks, looking around once again.

It's a small room, walls painted in lovely yellow colour. Window that gives a view of the backyard and a study table and bed beside it. Other minimal furniture compliments the room.