Chapter 15 ~ Mending a Glass Heart

Start from the beginning

[Record Scratch]

Aerrow:... No.... no~ of course I did-n't

Just then, I started holding Aerrow in a chokehold and glaring at him while he struggles to break free from my grasp.

Mags: YOU MEAN TO TELL ME THAT THIS WHOLE ENTIRE TIME YOU HAD A TRACKING DEVICE ON HER!!!??? WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY ANYTHING IN THE FIRST PLACE!!???
Aerrow: I forgot, I thought maybe she left it behind!! Stork!! Activate it now!!
Stork: Yes!!

Stork flipped the switch as we looked to see that Luna location is honed to Terra Tropica, but why would she be there unless.

Mags: Who is she going to meet? A family relative? A friend she knows of but we don't?
Aerrow: Or maybe worst... The Dark Ace. Stork, step on it!! Put the petal to the metal!!

Stork stepped on it as we flew to Terra Tropica, hopefully when we get there the Dark Ace isn't already there.

Luna's P.O.V

I changed my clothes to something decent as I walked around Tropica with my shoes off as I let the water touch my feet, after I walked around I spotted Dark Ace from a distance watching the waves crash. My heart started to pound as I felt like I had butterfly in my stomach, it's been so long that he's changed so much. I built up the courage and put back on my shoes as I slowly approached him, and cleared my throat to let him know that I was here.

Luna:... Dark Ace
Dark Ace:... Luna, it's been a while
Luna: It has... So... You've changed a lot. Last time. I saw you, you were a Sky Knight for the Storm Hawks, the original ones I mean... What happened?
Dark Ace: Something had changed my heart, I realized now that everything I had was taken from me. Including the girl I cherished, you
Luna:.. mmh... Me? But there are so many women out there, surely any of them could make a suitable choice
Dark Ace:... Instead, I chose you

My heart skipped a beat, when suddenly he approached me as my face went red by how close he was. He took my hand and brought it close to his lips as he kissed them, he flip them the side as he placed my hand on his cheek and smiled.

Dark Ace: Luna, I really want you to be my wife. I really do cherish you, but there's one thing I wish to ask of you
Luna: What is it?
Dark Ace: [lean his face close] Join me
Luna: What?
Dark Ace: You heard me, together you and I can rule all of Atmos, you and I can rule together with the help of Master Cyclonis of course. Once she takes over Atmos, you and I can be kings and queens, together till the very end

I looked at him and he looked sincere about it, I thought about being with the Dark Ace since he has been honest but somehow I remembered something my aunt used to tell me when I was young and a friend of mine back at my home terra kept a secret from me once.

"... There are two reasons why they keep a secret, Luna. One, it's to not hurt anyone heart, two, it's to protect them from the horrible things that could come out from their own secrets"

... Luna?... Luna...

Luna: Huh?
Dark Ace: I asked you "if you will join me?"

I looked down at his hand as he offered it to me, I hesitated but then I thought about the fun times I had with the Storm Hawks, I can't just throw that away.

Luna: I'm sorry... But no
Dark Ace: Pardon?
Luna: I'm sorry Dark Ace, but I can't join... If Aerrow and his squad had a reason to keep it a secret, it was probably best to protect me from the harm it could do... I don't wanna harm anyone and I especially don't wanna be a Talon... I'm really sorry, you don't have to force yourself to love me... We don't have to get married