I shrugged. "I thought everyone knew, and that it was just one of those unspoken things you don't talk about. That is a very sensitive subject!"

Everyone collectively sighed, and I sat quietly as I listened to the rest of the conversation unfold. Magna and Luck were going to a dungeon. Gordon and Gauche were going to do some research in the royal library in the Capital. Charmy and Grey were leaving to look for some sort of ingredients or food items that might help Asta. Everyone else was planning on doing their own separate things to try to help Asta too, so I figured I would do something in a place that I was already comfortable in.

"Gauche! Gordon!" I called just as they were about to leave.

As Gordon mumbled under his breath, Gauche looked at me with a nasty scowl. "What?" he snapped.

"I'm going to come with you to the royal library," I explained, finding myself feeling a little nervous to be going back to the Capital again, given the previous interactions I'd had with both of the men I was sleeping with.

"Eh? Why? We're perfectly capable without you," he retorted back at me, crossing his arms. Meanwhile, Finral was impatiently waiting to transport them to the Capital with his Spatial magic.

I crossed my arms. "Oh just shut up and let me help you. I think you can agree that Asta needs all the help he can get. And the more eyes we have at the library to read, the better. Agreed?"

Gauche merely grunted and grabbed his broom to bring with him just in case. Gordon smiled lightly at me, and I could tell by his mana that he was happy to have me along. As soon as we stepped through the portal, I was in the Capital... Again.

Sighing, I wasn't sure whether to be happy about that or not. Regardless, I knew we had to get to work. I took the lead, as I knew well where the library was, although I'd never actually stepped foot inside of it yet. As I lead the way through the halls, we passed a certain Silver Eagles Captain, who simply glared at me as I walked past. I hesitated in making eye contact with him, yet I graced his eyesight with one glance. Both of us knew well that we couldn't allude to the fact that we were more than barely acquaintances, so we left it at that.

Hours flew by as we searched the library from top to bottom about anything that could be remotely considered useful. From Curses to hexes to spell breaking and recovery magic, we checked out every book imaginable. The only thing was that there was so much material that we had to get through, we'd be here for days, if not weeks. 

Well... I guess it's useful that I'm here, then. If I have any down time I can check in with Julius to see if he needs me for any other strategy meetings or anything otherwise. And... I can talk with Nozel later about whatever the hell he wanted the last time I saw him. It seemed urgent, but was it really? A royal can be impatient because they are constantly catered to, so that must be it. Right?

As a few more hours passed, I found myself getting shaken awake my Gauche. Quickly, I lifted my head to look up at him. "It's late. You should go to bed," he said in a surprisingly gentle voice. I didn't know he could be so... Kind.

I blushed at the thought of having fallen asleep on a book about general curses. It was nothing too interesting, so I guess I'm not surprised. "Right. Thank you, Gauche. You should rest too," I said, noticing the bags under his eyes. Upon looking outside, I saw that it was dark and the moon was high. He looked hesitant. "Asta's arms will still be there by the time we find something useful. What's more important right now is you getting rest."

He grunted. "You may have a point. I'll head in soon. Gordon still seems engrossed in whatever he's reading. If he's onto something, I won't stop him," he explained, pointing out the pale-skinned man who was my age sitting at a table and intently reading a thick text.