CHAPTER 4

-----

-----

"hyung, please? can't you just let me?"

jay ignored sunoo's plea while he continued to pour coffee in his mug. he doesn't even know why his brother seemed to be agitated ever since he woke up this saturday morning.

"let you do what, exactly? i don't understand what you want me to do, sunny."

sunoo whines again, this time he looks more frustrated. "i told you already! i want to watch a movie with my friends this afternoon. can i go?"

ah right. sunoo has found a lot of friends since the school year started. jongseong only knew that his best friend is eunchae, but the other ones? heck, he'll have a seizure trying to remember their names one by one.

he knows that his brother is friendly and is extroverted in nature. but he just started his first year in highschool and it feels like everyone in school knows him. like, everyone.

"friends? which ones?" jay looked at him, his eyebrow raised up.

"uhm... well, i don't think you need to—"

"i said, which friends?" the older repeats, this time he looks serious. "i don't have a problem with you going out, but i need names. give me your friends' names."

jay is usually not this strict when it comes to him— but now that their parents are out of town for work matters, he doesn't have a choice but to act like sunoo's guardian.

sunoo sighed. "fine. eunchae, dongpyo, minjeong..."

his brother nods. good, that's his usual friends. i thought he would be hanging out with people that i don't know.

"and uh..."

"what? there's more people?"

the younger shakes his head quickly, denying it. "no, it's just us." he knows how jay doesn't want him hanging out with people that his brother doesn't know of.

jay kept quiet, sipping on his coffee.

"okay, but finish your science project first. i don't want you procrastinating later."

sunoo beams happily, hugging jay. "thanks hyung! love you!" he kissed him on his cheek before running upstairs to make his project.

-------

[ non judging breakfast club 🍽️ ]

dongpyo:
HI HIIII
let's meet at the fountain just in front of the mall
3 pm sharp okay ?! don't be late
@everyone 😎🫡

eunchae:
aye ayeee
my mom gave me some pocket money so the popcorn's on me 😊😊

sunoo:
niceee chae thank you