CHAPTER 1

---

---

"sunwoo, lunch is ready!"

sunoo hurriedly closed his diary before going downstairs to eat. he doesn't want his mom to yell his name for the second time, or else he'll be reprimanded again.

he spotted his dad cooking while he walks inside the kitchen.

"mom, where's hyung?" sunoo asked.

"oh he's still at his friend's house, sweetheart. he won't be home until dinner." his mother answered, putting rice on top of his plate.

he pouted, realizing that he won't be able to play with his brother again. summer break is almost over, but his hyung spent most of the time hanging out with his classmates and friends.

he forgot about me already. sunoo ate his meal quietly, trying not to dwell on his own thoughts. he's going to be in seventh grade next month, and he'll be able to study in the same school as his brother.

"mom, why is hyung busy these days?"

his dad chuckled. "well, your hyung is at that age where he wants to spend time with his friends too."

he nodded, trying to understand. jay hyung will be turning eighteen this year, and he's also going to be in twelfth grade. after that, he's going to be an adult.

on the other hand, sunoo is moving into seventh grade the next school year. him and his brother are enrolled at the same school but they're on different buildings so he probably won't see his hyung that much in school.

"eat your veggies too, sun."

"mom, i want a bird."

his parents looked at each other. "like a pet? why so sudden?" his mom asked.

"i just want to raise one. it looks cool while flying." he shrugs, but his father raised an eyebrow at him.

"sweetheart, it's not easy to raise a pet on your own." his dad explained, "but if you get good grades next school year, then i'll consider buying you a pet."

his mother frowned at what his dad said but didn't talk.

"really?!" sunoo clapped his hands happily. "then i'll study everyday! thanks dad, love you!"

he plants a kiss on his dad's cheek before finishing his lunch.

---

sunoo woke up at around 4:30 pm, right after taking his afternoon nap. he looks around his room while still feeling a bit muzzy.

then he hears it- the loud booming sound coming from the other room. his hyung likes to listen to that music, and hearing it on a daily basis makes sunoo so familiar to the tune and lyrics.

jay hyung went home already?

he gets up instantly, staggering as he wears his slippers to go out of his room.

"hyung! you're here?!" he shouts amidst the noise coming from the speakers. he walks up to his brother's room before opening the door.

"hyung! hyung, i have t-"

sunoo's eyes widened, immediately stepping back.

"hello, kid." the unfamiliar person who is sitting on his brother's bed waved at him. "are you jay's little brother?"

"isn't that a little obvious?" the other stranger commented, glancing at him.

who are these people? where is my brother?

"uhm... hyung-" sunoo turns around to run away, but he bumped into someone.

"hey, sunny."

his face finally lights up as he sees his brother smiling. "what are you doing here? you need something?"

he shakes his head, still taken aback by his brother's visitors.

jay frowned, noticing that sunoo seemed shocked. "did you scare him?" he glares at his friends.

the brown-haired eagerly denies. "not me!"

"whatever. let's go," jay gestured the two to come down while he crouched down to face sunoo. "hey, i'm leaving for a while but i will be back before dinner. okay?"

he ruffles his younger brother's hair.

"okay, take care hyung." he waves his hand while wearing a small smile.

jay waved back then went downstairs together with his friends. sunoo was supposed to go back to his room when the stranger called his attention.

"hey, sun right?" his hyung's friend took something out of the pocket of his jeans. "can you open your hand?"

sunoo nodded quietly and held out his palm infront of him.

"here, you can have this." the guy smiled at him. "see you around kiddo."

he watched as the stranger went downstairs, while sunoo was holding onto the candy that he just gave.

---