CHAPTER 2

---

---

sunoo hums while chewing his toast. he woke up around 6 am, ready and excited to go to his new school.

"sweetie, have you packed your things?" his mother asked, looking at him across the table.

"yes mom," he did that days ago already. he was bored to death and he didn't have anything to do other than scribbling on his diary and cleaning his room.

"and you," she tapped the table lightly to grab jay's attention. "look out for your brother. don't just play around your friends all day."

jay groaned but nodded. "yes ma, i will. are we going to ride the bus today?"

"no, you're riding the car-"

"i'm driving?!" jay looked excited.

their father raised an eyebrow at him. "no, obviously. i'll drive you this morning and you can take the bus going home later."

sunoo blinks, nodding again. he wasn't paying attention since his mind is somewhere else.

will i get a lot of friends in my new school? what if they don't like me?

"alright, let's go." their father stood up, grabbing his car keys before heading outside.

jay followed while still munching on the bread. he picks up his backpack and grabs sunoo's bag too. "come on sunny."

"bye mom, see you later!" sunoo kissed his mom's cheeks before leaving.

---

sunoo has been imagining how his first day in high school would be. he didn't want to show it, but he's feeling a bit nervous. he just hopes that he finds his former classmates and friends back in middle school.

he walks slowly, his eyes fixed on the ground as he follows his brother.

"here's my building, you can come here if you need me-" jay stops talking when he sees his brother looking around like he's lost.

he sighed. he looks exactly like a lost puppy. "hey, don't be scared. i'll take you to your room." he finds sunoo's cold hand and holds it.

when they finally reached his classroom, sunoo seemed to smile again as he saw familiar faces.

"sunoo!" eunchae, his friend since third grade, waved at him. "i saved you a seat!"

sunoo's eyes twinkled in delight. jay chuckled, taking the backpack from his shoulder before giving it to sunoo.

"i'm guessing you'll be fine here?" sunoo quickly nods at jay's question. "good. i'm leaving now, i'll text you later at lunch."

his brother ruffled his hair before leaving. now sunoo walks towards eunchae, plopping his backpack right next to her.