Chapter 12

Returning from Abu Dhabi, Pierre and Jessica began to set up for christmas. Some of their fellow drivers decided to join them for the holiday. Pierre was putting the tree up while Jess was going through some of the decorations. "Remind me again why we have so many tree decorations for a 6 foot tree?" Jessica says as she sits on the floor. "To make it stand out among everything." Pierre chuckles. Jess shakes her head before organizing everything they need for their tree.

"How's baby doing? Following the scare in Abu Dbahi." Pierre hadn't been to many appointments due to training so he would see the scans from each appointment but not a word on how the baby was doing. "They're okay. Doctor says they're moving into position naturally like we were told. We can find out what we're having if we choose to or we can either wait until they're born or have a gender reveal." Jessica says, placing the final bauble in the pile. "What do you want to do then?" Pierre asks, looking at Jessica. "Whatever you're comfortable with." the british mclaren girl smiles.

As he decorates the tree, she makes both of them two hot chocolates. "Okay. Two hot chocolates with whipped cream, toasted marshmallows and grated chocolate as you like it." Jess smiles placing Pierre's drink alongside hers on the coffee table. "You know me too well." Pierre smiles, hanging one of the bauble off the tree. "Make sure there's some room for the chocolate. We all know Lando, Danny and Carlos will be looking for it when they arrive." Jessica laughs. "How much chocolate is there?" Pierre asks. "10 bags. 5 for the tree and 5 for my cravings." Jessica grins with a soft chuckle. "Hide your 5 bags from Lando then. As soon as he finds them, he's taking them home with him." Pierre warns her. "Unless he wants to harm a pregnant woman when fighting her, he wouldn't dare." Jessica laughs as Pierre does.

"What movie are we going to watch then with the curtains shut and tree lights on?" Pierre asks, continuing to decorate the tree. "I have a set christmas playlist in Disney Plus so anything on there." Jess smiles grabbing the remote and loading up the streaming service. "Okay. So we have the two decent Home Alone films, The Grinch, Nativity, Miracle on 34th Street, Love Actually. We have so many to choose from." Jessica smiles. "Home Alone then Home Alone Lost in New York." Pierre smiles, putting the final bauble on the tree then sitting beside his wife.

She lays a blanket over them before cuddling into Pierre and playing the movie. The twinkling Christmas tree lights filled the room as the curtains stayed shut and the sun set outside.