Chapter 6

The following morning and Jessica woke up to an empty bed. She looked over and saw Pierre's side empty before reaching for her phone and realizing he never answered her message, just read it. Letting out a disappointed and sad sigh, the girl gets out of bed and ready for her day. As she looks in the mirror, her hand slowly places itself on her stomach. "Please little baby, stick with us." Jessica says to herself.

After trying to call Pierre and not being able to see where he is, the first person Jess could think that her husband could be with was Esteban. Once the phone rang a couple of times, the other french driver answered the phone. "Hey, Jess. What's up?" Esteban asks. "Hey Estie, is Pierre with you?" Jessica asks, sitting on the kitchen island. "No. Why?" Esteban questions. "Oh, it's just he hasn't been home all night and I'm starting to worry." Jessica sighs. "Don't worry, Jess. I'm sure he'll be home soon. How about we go out and grab breakfast? Take your mind off it for now." Esteban suggests. "Sure. The little café me, you and Pierre usually meet at?" Jessica suggests. "Sure. See you soon." Esteban says before they hang up.

••••••••••
iMessage
Pierre

Jessica
If you come home and can't
find me. I've gone out for
breakfast with a friend x

•••••••••

Following her breakfast with Esteban, Jessica decided to go round a few shops in Milan and look at baby clothes. It did make her think about what life could have been like shall she and Pierre not have had a miscarriage a few months prior but also what life will be like if this baby stays and makes it to full term.

Arriving back home, Jessica hopes that Pierre is back from god knows where he went. But when she walks in, she was disappointed to find that he hadn't returned. The brown-eyed british girl sighs before sliding her trainers off and sitting down. "Where are you, P?" she asks herself before turning the TV on.