ೃ⁀➷ xxiv. wordless comminucation

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

it amused caroline how easy it was for her and mike to understand each other. verbal communication was out of the question for these two as a quick glance at each other was all they needed before they sprinted back into the cafeteria, both thinking the same thing.

both of them assumed it would be the latter's sister that would come out of the car outside but it wasn't. rather, it was the bad men that were after eleven.

"this will charge your battery right up, i'm telling you," dustin says to eleven as he and lucas laid the pudding unto the table. the two boys grinning, unaware of the situation outside.

they would come to be aware of it in a matter of seconds as caroline and mike come running into the room, panting and out of breath. "they found us!"

the four of them make eye contact before sprinting out of the room, caroline making sure to bring a couple of the canned pudding for eleven.

"how did they find us?" lucas asked as the group fastly walks down the stairs. they were all trying to run as fast as they could but also as quietly as they could.

mike shook his head, "i don't know, but they knew we were in the gym."

"lando," dustin said. but before anyone could reply, the doors to the building busted open and men with flashlights were all the group of kids could see.

caroline's eyes widened as she grabbed her friends and pushed them back up the stairs, making sure none of her friends were behind her. that wasn't helpful as the next turn they make, more men showed up. panic arises in each of them but all it took was one long quick stare from eleven and all of them falls unto the floor.

they don't have time to feel relief, however, as eleven herself falls unto the floor. caroline rushes down and shakes the girl, "el, are you okay?"

"el! something's wrong," mike said.

"she's just drained."

"no, she won't wake up," caroline says, trying to shake el into waking up but comes to no avail. "el!"

the four kids stare at their friend on the floor, each of them wondering what on earth they were going to do now. naturally, the first thing on their minds was the well being of their friend. but none of them were able to draw a conclusion when the voice of a man breaks through:

"leave her," the white-haired man says as four people behind him walk closer to the group of kids.

mike, for some reason, feels inclined to look at the redhead girl beside him. and when he does, he sees how cold she looks. how unlike herself. he's seen her at her worst and this was nothing like it. even in the dark, he could see how white her knuckles were from how hard she was clenching her hand and how stiff she was in general.

if given more time, he would have asked her if she was okay, but the man speaks again and she starts to breath again. "step away from the child."

"no!" mike says as he steps in front of the group. "you want her, you have to kill us first."

"that's right!" dustin says, stepping forward.

"eat shit!" lucas adds, also stepping forward.

it's only caroline who doesn't step forward, as she was too afraid of dr brenner seeing her. but he does see her. and it was only for a second, a split fraction of a second but mike swears he saw emotion flash through the stranger's face when he did see caroline.

four bad men group unto the kids and pull them away from eleven, the boys screaming for their lives while caroline watches dr brenner grab eleven's face and speak to her.

"eleven?" dr brenner says whilst cupping her face, "eleven, can you hear me? Eleven?"

eleven's eyes open weakly, "papa?"

"yes, yes, it's your papa. i'm here now."

"let her go! let her go, you bastard!" mike shouts as he continues to fight.

eleven looks unto her friends, whimpering but dr brenner makes her face him, "shh, shh, you're sick. you're sick, but i'm going to make you better. i'm going to take you back home, where i can make you well again. where we can make all of this better, so no one else gets hurt."

caroline, at the mention of 'home' seems to awaken from her silence, starts thrashing and shouts, "let her fucking go!"

for the first time since he saw eleven, dr brenner takes his eyes of her and looks at caroline. he seemed to have something to say but was unable to say it when the lights start to flicker. at first, confusion dawns on everyone as they thought eleven was doing this.

"blood," mike says.

caroline looks over at him, "what?"

"blood," mike repeats before the wall in front of them start to tear apart and a monster comes out. "demogorgon."

suddenly, all the bad men cared about was shooting the creature, as if bullets affected it, and let go of the kids. which gave them ample time to carry eleven to bring her elsewhere.

mike and caroline didn't even need to say a word to each other, they just knew they had to pick her up and bring her to one of the classrooms. wordless communication seemed to be all they knew.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷D SPEAKS!

...

LMFAO HI GUYS

yesterday (sept 28, 2023) marked the 1 year since i last published for this fic... 

i am like SO sorry for keeping yall waiting on this shit i... I DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT HAPPENED i just know i kept pushing to do this later and eventually, it became a year. i just lost inspiration for this fic, to be honest, and i can't promise it wont happen again but i will really try to do better to finish this fic

this chapter was soooo rushed, please comment on any mistakes i might have madee