ೃ⁀➷ x. three-one-five

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

caroline harrington had to wake up extra early the next morning to bike towards mike wheeler's house. not that she minded, she enjoyed watching the sun rise through the trees that surrounded her house.

when she spotted dustin and lucas' bikes in the front lawn, caroline knew it was safe to ring the doorbell. and when karen wheeler opened, the wide smile on the harrington girl's face appeared. she couldn't help it. whenever she was around adults she didn't hate, she would smile so hard her jaw would hurt for the rest of the day.

"caroline!" karen said, smiling as she opened the door. "will you be going to school with the boys?"

"yes, mrs. wheeler, if that's alright?" caroline said as she entered the house.

waving her hand, karen shook her head, "of course. you're welcome here anytime. but... you know, i never thought those boys would have a girl join their party." blushing, caroline looked down. she didn't have a clue why she was blushing. joining a group of nerd's party wasn't something blush-worthy. but there caroline harrington stood, beet red. "well, i shouldn't keep you here, the boys are down in the basement. i'll be ready in a few minutes."

caroline nodded as she watched karen take holly from her chair and brought her upstairs. the redhead leaned against the basement door and sighed, rubbing her cheeks to try and stop the circulation.

"oh, hey, you shit-heads are here," caroline said, as a form of greeting, causing the three boys to look up at her. so did eleven, who caroline grinned at, "hey, el."

mike watched caroline sit beside eleven on the couch and blinked. he then walked over to the table and handed her a walkie-talkie. "the party uses this to talk to each other... and... well, you're a part of our party now."

dustin and lucas look at each other with raised eyebrows. not that caroline minded, she was too busy smiling at the two-way radio. "thanks, mike."

caroline looks up at the two of them share a look, a look that caused everyone else in the room to just disappear. it was just them, in their own little world. then, dustin coughs causing the two of them to look away, both of them beet red.

mike then explained the plan the boys concuted whilst caroline was walking on the way to his house. "we just tell our parents we have av club after school. that'll give us at least a few hours for operation mirkwood."

"operation mirkwood?" caroline repeated, with a teasing smile on her face. mike just shrugs, the same smile on his face.

"you seriously think that the weirdo knows where will is?" lucas asked.

"just trust me on this, okay?" mike said.

"okay."

"did you get the supplies?"

"yeah," lucas said and placed his bag on the chair beside him. he then started bringing out items as he said it's names. "binoculars... from 'nam. army knife... also from 'nam. hammer, camouflage bandana... and the wrist rocket."

"you're gonna take out the demogorgon with a slingshot?" caroline blinked. mike had explained to her their 'methaphor' but she was still confused when it came to dungeons and dragons lore.

"first of all, it's a wrist rocket," lucas said, with an annoyed tone. "and second of all, the demogorgon's not real. it's made up. but if there is something out there, i'm gonna shoot it in the eye...and blind it."

mike sighed and turned to his other friend, "dustin, what did you get?"

dustin grabbed his backpack and emptied everything on the table. caroline leaned forward from her seat to try and get a better view. mike, who was infront of her and sort of blocking her way, moved a few inches so she could see better.

"well, alrighty," dustin said. "so, we've got... nutty bars, bazooka, pez, smarties, pringles, nilla wafers, apple, banana, and trail mix."

caroline's eyes widened when she saw the nutty bars. she didn't hesitate to grab two, giving one of them to eleven; who stared at it curiously. "nutty bars are my favourite!"

"seriously?" lucas said.

"what?" caroline said, looking up at him. "i didn't eat breakfast..." mike turned around and grabbed the plate of waffles, handing it to her. "oh, i didn't see that. thanks."

"no problem," mike muttered with a smile.

"we need energy for our travels, for stamina; at least caroline gets it," dustin said, nudging his head towards the direction of the girl who was inhaling the waffles mike gave her. "and besides, why do we even need weapons anyway? we have her," now pointing his hands at eleven.

"she shut one door!"

"with her mind! are you kidding me? that's insane!"

"that-that is insane!" caroline said, mid-chew.

mike rolled his eyes. "don't talk with your mouth full, caroline."

"don't talk with your mouth full, caroline," caroline mimicked with a high-pitched tone. eleven smiled, causing caroline to smile as well.

dustin then points at eleven, bringing them back to the main focus of their conversation. "imagine all the other cool stuff she could do. like," he then moves towards eleven, causing the girl to wrap her arms around caroline, out of fear, but dustin just brought out mike's lego millennium falcon. "i bet... that she could make this fly!"

"holy, shit, i've been wanting a millennium falcon for ages," caroline muttered, but no one heard her.

"hey. hey," dustin said, trying to get eleven's attention. it worked, as the girl peeked through caroline's shoulders. "okay, concentrate. okay?" he throws the lego set, all of them watching as it falls to the ground. "okay, one more time. use your powers, okay?" dustin does it again, and they all watch it fall again.

"idiot," lucas mutters.

mike walks over and picks up the toy. "she's not a dog!"

as they were about to discuss it more, the voice of karen wheeler came from upstairs, "boys! er... and caroline! time for school!"

as they were all getting ready, mike walks over to eleven, who was still clutching caroline's hand. "just stay down here. don't make any noise, and don't leave. if you get hungry, eat dustin's snacks, okay?"

"michael!"

"coming!" mike shouted before turning back to her, "you know those power lines? the ones behind my house? meet us there, after school."

"after school?"

"yeah, 3:15."

eleven stares at mike with a confused look and then turns to caroline. the redhead smiles as she takes off her watch and wraps it around the other girl's hand. "when the numbers read three-one-five, meet us there."

"three-one-five."

"three-one-five."

then, with a final goodbye, mike and caroline go up the stairs. as they were about to exit the house, the formed called out the latter.

caroline turned around and found mike removing his watching, and then handing it to her. "i don't know why but... i know you like checking the time."

she sucks in a breath as she watches mike enter the car. 

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷D SPEAKS!

there was sm mike&caroline (guys pls help me with a ship name) content here! most were subtle but hehe...they wont be subtle when you know the ending... tehee

...just realized the chapter title was wrong FUCKKAHD