Chapter 17: Saving a Powerhouse, VII

Start from the beginning

"You two are leaving with us as well. You can't be thinking about staying at this place?"

"Our belongings were already stolen. We only have a worn-out blanket."

So, they were also victims of bandits like me.

They looked no different than the homeless children in the village which was why I didn't notice that they were royalties.

I suddenly felt something approaching us. I turned to my right and heard a loud crash hitting the rooftop and falling to the floor from the empty house beside ours. Even then, the dragon in my hand was still sleeping quietly. Celia was upstairs, screaming in shock.

I immediately gave the dragons away to the twins as I went to the scene. Isaac was sprawled on the floor with his sword on the side. In The Summoned Hero, Isaac meets the Hero as his mysterious helper. But looking at his condition right now made me doubt whether he would be alive by then.

"Hey, are you still alive?"

Isaac coughed up blood as he turned his head to the side.

"You... cough."

"You don't look so good."

Isaac got up on the ground slowly and grabbed his sword.

"Seth Whitlock!"

He gritted his teeth and glared at me.

"Why are you mad at me? It's not like I'm the one who caused you to be like this." I shrugged in response.

I could see from my peripheral view that something flew towards us. I immediately jumped away but the impact of the object falling caused me to fly and hit the ground outside.

"Uogh..."

I held my chest as I looked up at Lord Malgerius. If it wasn't for Amulet of Warding, I would have died from the impact. It was the second time that it was used.

"GRRR."

He was glaring at Isaac in resentment.

"Why did you bring him here?"

I looked at the children that were still in the house. They were looking at me in concern. Isaac glared at me briefly.

"I'll deal with you later."

Lord Malgerius raised his hand and pounded the ground Isaac had just stood on. Isaac leapt and swung his sword at the monster's arm. The monster's skin was tough as only a small scratch was made on his skin.

"I think we should work together instead."

"I refuse."

How stubborn.

"But you look like you are struggling."

"I can't hope for someone who struggled to kill an E-tier monster to help me."

Isaac continued attacking the monster, as he slashed the air and sent shockwaves that hit the monster.

I was slightly flabbergasted. "That's different."

I injured the statues that I encountered a few days ago and I felt that it was no different than this one. Closing my eyes, I concentrated the mana flowing through my veins and aimed my arms at the leg of the monster.

Swoosh.

A white ball flew and hit the target.

"Kuooh!"

Lord Malgerius screamed and fell to the ground. The side effect of the attack was my veins feeling like it was bursting. It was only because I concentrated my mind that I managed to attack him.

"Grrrrr."

Lord Malgerius turned to look at me and chased me with a missing leg. The pace was slower than before and I ran away, hopping through the debris on the way.

The monster suddenly screamed again and I looked behind to see Isaac who had pierced the monster's nape. He pulled down the sword with his weight until the skin was open to the monster's back. The monster thrashed around and tried to grab Isaac.

"You! Do the attack again! Aim at his head!"

"What about you?!"

"I'll be fine!"

"Don't blame me if you got hit as well!"

I pulled out the vitality potion from the space dimension box and immediately drank it. I felt my stamina was recovering and my arms were less hurting. I concentrated again and aimed my arms at the head of the struggling monster. Lord Malgerius who had turned into a mindless monster seemed to know that I was aiming at him.

Come to think of it, I wondered how Isaac managed to kill this monster. It didn't seem like he was able to do it alone. The monster suddenly stiffened as though Isaac's sword struck a nerve. I took a chance to deliver a blow on the head.

Bam!

Half of the monster's head was blown off. It lost its strength and let out a final pained noise. Isaac already moved away before he was hit by my attack.

My arms felt like it was about to fall off. I smiled slightly at Isaac who was exhausted. "It seems to be stronger than the Swamp Toad. How is it? I'm pretty good, right?"

Isaac opened his mouth as if he was about to sneer but held back himself. "It was you who infiltrated the cave yesterday. What do you want from the dragon?"

"You don't have to worry. I'm not like Lord Malgerius. I only need the dragon to help me for a bit. After that, it's free to go."

Isaac was still suspiciously looking at me. Even though he looked like he would pass out anytime soon, he still raised his sword, getting ready for another fight. However, I couldn't afford to fight back right now. He was a strong swordsman and moved quickly. There was no way I would win against him.

"Seth!"

"Mister!"

Celia and the children came running towards me.

"Wow, you look pretty beat up," Leon commented as he looked at me up and down.

Celia was worried as well. "Are you okay?"

I raised my swollen arms. She gasped and began healing my arms without hesitation.

"Mister, are you hurt anywhere else?"

Noel looked at me with sad eyes. I smiled slightly at her.

"I'm okay. But I saw that you were hurt by the cultists earlier."

Noel blushed and looked down.

"It doesn't hurt."

"What?! Noel?"

"Celia, heal her first."

I turned to look at Isaac.

Oh. He already passed out.