“Look at her outfit, all from the luxurious fashion house called Delancey. She must be someone very rich to afford such expensive clothing,” another person commented.

Victoria wanted to remain the center of attention the entire time, but seeing the focus shift to this woman made her angrier.

“Important?” Victoria scoffed. “How can she be important if I don't know her? And you, dressed like a bodyguard, should know that you cannot talk to me like that.”

Elsa didn’t say anything and just smiled. Just then, the auctioneer walked over to them to tell them to settle down. When he saw who Victoria was yelling at, he immediately intervened.

“Miss McConnell, right? Please calm down. You shouldn’t be talking to our guest like that.”

“Calm down? You’re telling me to calm down when she was the one who poured a drink on me? You know what? Get her kicked out immediately.”

She then turned to Jeremy. “Jeremy, this woman should leave at once. She has disrespected me.”

Jeremy heard her, but his eyes were still on Elsa as he tried very hard to see through her sunglasses.

The auctioneer shook his head. “Miss McConnell, you’d better calm down.”

This angered Victoria even more. “You know who I am, and you’re still talking to me like that? Do you want me to tell my husband to have this place shut down?”

“Miss McConnell—”

“Get this woman out of here for disrespecting me before I make you regret it!”

The auctioneer looked at Victoria, then back at Elsa. He then said with a gentle, respectful voice, “I’m so sorry for this inconvenience, madam. Please don’t blame us. If you could take your seat, I will make sure something like this never happens again.”

When Victoria heard that, she was taken aback. “Who is she that you’re talking to her so respectfully and disregarding my feelings? Do you want to lose your job? Where is your manager? Why do you disrespect me and respect her?”

“Because she is my muse, without her, this auction wouldn’t even be here,” Gabrielle Serrurier’s voice, with a heavy accent, suddenly spoke.

Everyone turned and saw him making his way towards them, standing next to Elsa. He opened his arms and hugged Elsa.

Elsa had told him she was on a silent vow at the moment, following her creative mind, so she wouldn’t be talking during this auction. Something he didn’t understand but respected. He sometimes locked himself from the world as he looked for inspiration; this could just be the same. Elsa was an artist as well.

“Mr. Gabrielle Serrurier!” Victoria froze. “This is your muse?”

Gabrielle smiled. “She is. And you just disrespected my muse at a showcase that she is a part of. I suggest either you apologize for that or leave.”

Seeing the judgmental looks everyone was giving her, Victoria got even more upset. If she apologized, she would be admitting she was wrong when she wasn’t. She was the one who was wronged by this woman ruining her dress.

“Why should I apologize when she purposefully destroyed my dress? Now I have to ask someone to buy me a new one. Mr. Gabrielle Serrurier, maybe your muse should apologize to me for that.”

Everyone expected Miss Muse to speak, but she remained quiet.

And her silence only fueled Jeremy’s curiosity.

Elsa turned to her bodyguard and began using sign language. The bodyguard understood and said, “My madam is currently not speaking, she is preserving her voice for something else. However, she wants you to know that it was an accident and you shouldn’t speak so harshly to people you don’t know. That is not very ladylike of you.”