🩸Reminisce (pt.36)🩸

Start from the beginning

"N-no,"

She laughed, "Oh, now, now...I won't be greedy, baby, don't worry about me."

"A-are you okay?"

"III'mm absolutely perfect," she ran her tongue over her lips.

I could feel her breath flutter against my neck before she dug her honed fangs down into my skin. Her cool tongue ran over the bite.

I grunted as she simply hummed and licked her lips, pulling away.

"There's more in you now," she giggled lightly.
"Wh-what?" I mumbled.

"Vampire blood. Just howww many times has Cleodare had to save your ASS from sudden death?" She giggled.

I huffed and diverted eye contact, my blushing was hidden by annoyance. "Wh...what do you want?"

"I'm on a little bit of a scavenger hunt, actually! Trying to find bodies for reincarnation." She grinned, condescension hid deep underneath her smile, like a mask.

"Can I ask you something?" She said suddenly. Her voice was bland.
"What...?" I sighed, shoving my hands into the pockets of my jacket.

A small grunt of surprise left my lips as inside my stomach gave a tiny flutter, which was light baby movement this early in the pregnancy. Of course, this was the time when it decided to cause a ruckus, I wasn't even supposed to be much of anything until at least fifteen weeks.

I guess this was how we knew I had the crazy kid.

Luckily, Gwenevieve wasn't paying too close attention. The last thing I needed was her suspicious of something like pregnancy.

"Why do you love Cleodare?"

Adian turned his head slightly up to look at her, clearly puzzled. He was short, compared to her, by at least three inches.

I gave her a confused look. "What?"

"Well, you took her from us. I'm at least allowed to ask something, aren't I?"

"I-I did not take her from you- she just..."

She hummed innocently, "My point still stands! Answer the question."
"Fine," I said, shooting her a small glare.

I was trying to just put up with it, I could tell she was high.

She rocked back and forth on her heels, nodding her head.

"She's...my soulmate," I subconsciously took steps away from them. "She's compassionate and has a bigger heart than you could ever imagine."

I inhaled. "And she smells like rosemary, fresh rosemary and sage."

Gwenevieve just laughed at me.

I huffed. "You don't know her like I do."
"Clearly."

"There are a lot of things you'll never know, actually," I glared. "Like...like how good in bed she is."

"Really?"

She bit her lip.

I didn't nor wanted to know in what type of way.

"I have to go." I exhaled.

Adian stepped forward, "I don't think so."

I instinctively jumped back.

Gwenevieve put a hand on his shoulder, "Let her go. I don't need her."

He huffed angrily, but didn't advance. Apparently, she had him on a leash like her little puppy.