D. WINSTON

Sigh, hello Laila. Because I've known you for god who knows how many years and you're a weird and desperate person, I guess I'll let this slide. Love you, girly. Hope you like it. Now let me finish my shower. The water is cold now -_-
LailaIzQueen

Laila walked into the room with an angry look on her face that made everyone look at her, raising a brow. Normally her attitude wouldn't have phased anyone, but something was different. Something was wrong.

"Laila? Everything alright?" Johnny asked as she turned to him with a glare.

Nobody asked her anything else after that.

Hours had passed and not once had Laila come out of the guest room. Not even for dinner. It was silent without her talking shit about the person she met at the diner or the way the Socs glared at her as they drove by which then she would grab rocks and throw it at their car, laughing whenever the girls would scream about their daddy's car just having to have gotten a new paint job.

"Should we say something?" Pony asked, looking at everyone who had remained tense the whole time.

"I think we should just leave her alone. She doesn't seem to be in the mood," Darry spoke as Two bit grumbled.

"You don't say. She made Johnny here cry and didn't even say a single word. That woman's crazy," he huffed as suddenly the door had burst open, Dallas walking in with pride.

"Whys it silent!" His voice boomed with a laugh. "Someone die?"

His voice was half joking, half serious, but mostly joking. Dallas hadn't once taken anything serious. Until it came to Laila.

"No. Or well, maybe. Your girlfriend is in a bad mood," Steve mumbled as Dallas took a seat next to him, glaring. "What about my girl now?"

Steve tensed up. He knew Dallas wouldn't kick his ass, but sometimes, he wondered the extent to which Dallas would go.

"Laila came here a few hours ago. Seemed like something was wrong," Darry spoke before Dallas could do anything. "Yeah? And did either of you ask what was wrong?" He spoke, his brow raised like it was something a child could think of.

"Yes. We did. Well, Johnny did."

"Andddd? I don't have all day, Darry. I'm not getting any younger."

"Well, she glared at him. You know, like how she does at Socs or Cherry before she ruins her newest dress or wrecks a car."

Dallas froze. He looked at Johnny who was staring at the plate in front of him. He had not touched it at all which meant Laila's look bothered him a bit. Well, more than a bit.

"Where is she now?"

Before he could even finish his sentence, everyone pointed to the guest room. 

Dallas, quickly got up from his seat at the table and walked to the room, gently knocking on the door when he heard a thud against the wall. He winced.

"Now, doll. That is not the way you should treat your best man," he hummed as the door suddenly opened and Laila glared at him. The look she gave him only made him laugh as she rolled her eyes, sitting back onto the bed, pulling the covers over her.

Dallas shut the door, sitting next to her as the room was filled with a tense silence. Neither of them speaking. But Dallas wasn't in the mood to play games today.

"Doll, what's wrong. You scared Johnny half to death and the guys think you're going to kill someone."

"I don't care," she snapped as Dallas shook his head with a laugh. "I'm going to pretend you didn't say that," he hummed. "Now sit up before I make you."

Laila groaned, sitting up as she still held an icy glare towards him. It was a challenge. To see if he would actually say anything else or if he would get up and leave. Dallas knew that look more than anyone. And it was a challenge he was willing to accept.

"Now don't give me that look, doll and tell me what happened to put you in a shit mood."

"You have a way with words, Dallas," she muttered as he shrugged, putting himself uncomfortably close to her.

"You're in my bubble, Winston," she snapped as he grinned, pressing a kiss to her cheek. "Not giving in until you tell me."

"Fine," she snapped. "Do you love me."

The words caught Dallas off guard. They've been together for quite some time but yet, not once did he tell her he loved her. Because it was simply something he didn't do. Even though he thought about it and cared about her constantly.

"Of course, doll. Why would you question that? Did someone say something? I'll beat their faces in."

"No," she whispered and Dallas grinned. "What was that, doll? Gotta speak louder."

"No," she snapped, her voice slightly echoing through the room. He could only imagine what the others were doing. Probably pressing their ears to the door trying to be busybodies.

"Watch the attitude, Lails. You know what happened last time," he grinned as she groaned, laying back down and covering herself back up again. Hiding from him.

"Laila, look. I know I'm not ideal. Not all lovey and whatever but you know how I feel," he sighed. "I don't have to say it. Makes it weird. You know that, right?"

She simply nodded.

"Lails, doll, tell me. What happened."

A small amount of quiet rested between them before Laila sighed, pulling the covers more over herself.

"I was walking back from the diner and a soc drove by telling me you're only using me for sex."

Dallas's eyes widened. "Tell me, you bash her head in?"

"No." Her voice came out small.

"Doll," he groaned as she sighed, sitting up. Now, her features didn't hold the angry glare it did before. It was different. Different than anything he'd ever seen. Doubt.

"Don't tell me you believe her," he sighed as she simply shrugged. "I don't know. She said you would never settle for trash like me and that Sylvia chick was better or whatever. At everything. I guess Sylvia was talking about how you had decided to try something because you were bored and in no time you'd be crawling back."

Dallas groaned as he laid down next to her. "If she weren't a woman I'd kill her," he muttered as he looked at Laila, a small smile on his face.

"Laila," he spoke. "You know that's not true. You're better than any woman I've ever seen. I mean, there's a lot of girls who'd throw themselves at me. I mean, look at me. But none of them even come close to you. You're perfect, you're smart, independent. You don't need me. I'm the one who needed you."

She turned, facing him. Her face holding something unreadable. "Don't make me say more. I already feel sick with the lovey dovey shit."

Laila burst into laughter, shaking her head as Dallas smiled, pressing a kiss to her lips softly. "That's what I'd like to see. My best girl smiling. Though, I admit, your glares are hot."

Laila blushed as he grinned, knowing his words had gotten under her skin in a way others didn't. "Now, what do you say we get out of here and trash the rich Whore's car. And then find Sylvia and you can punch her teeth in."

Laila shot up at the idea as she rushed to the door with excitement. And Dallas could only laugh as Laila opened the door with a rush, all of the guys suddenly falling in.

They looked at the group in front of them, then at each other. "Called it," he grinned as she laughed, rushing past them as Dallas ran after her.

To say the least, cops were called and Darry was not happy to have to pick them up from jail.