Chapter 52-What the...?

Start from the beginning

Leo gave me a grin and shook his head.

"Why are you out here?" He asked.

Oh, so that's why you tackled me.

"I could ask you the same question." I teased, but Leo lost his grin, so I knew this was serious. I sighed in defeat, and grabbing his other blistering arm, after successfully healing the other.

I sighed in defeat and said simply, "I was going for a run."

Leo gave me the 'duh' look and was obviously telling me to cut to the chase with his slightly annoyed green eyes, bugging into mine.

"Because..." I said, finishing my sentence. "My jerk of a mate decided to put me in a cramped safe all day yesterday." I finshed.

Leo nodded his head, and by that time, I was finished healing up his wounds.

He chuckled, and replied, "Ah! He's still in the dog house then, huh?" He asked, while standing up and started walking back toward the road with me trailing along.

"No, he got out." I explained, putting my hands behind my back, bashfully.

"Make-up sex is always the answer." Leo said smirking and winking in my direction, causing me to blush madly.

"How long did it take him to realize that was the solution?" Leo asked, while wiggling his eyebrows, making me laugh and shade a deeper red.

"He came in around 3." I replied.

And that made Leo burst into laughter.

I waited for him to reply, totally confused as to why this is so hilarious.

Leo caught his breath, after about five minutes of laughter, but I didn't mind, because we made it back to the main road.

"Man, he can lead a pack of wolves by himself like a snap of the fingers, but in the relationship department it takes him a couple hours." Leo explained, and then laughing once again, and this time I joined in.

"So what about you?" I asked after our laughs died down, and were walking down the road, toward our home.

"Me?" Leo asked mostly calmly, but I could tell he was nervous, somehow.

"Leo, cut the slack." I said blankly and a little demanding if I do say so myself.

"Fine, fine." He said, brushing the back of his neck with aggression. He took a breath out of frustration. "I was running the border twice for preservation." He explained slowly, but I could tell he was being cautious of what he said.

"Preservation?" I asked aloud. "Protection over what?"

"Beats me." Leo lied quickly, and then began to start jogging up the street. "Beat uou back!" He challenged, changing the subject, oddly quick.

I huffed in frustration, and ran back to the house, not caring if I left Leo behind.

I needed to find Drew, and ask what was going on.

Why would we need extra precautions?

They defeated the rogues, what couod have been more troubling than that?

I ran through the front door, and was grabbed securely into a pair of warm arms wrapping around me.

Drew.

I looked up to see his eyes closed; his tight grip locking me in place.

"Drew, what's going on?" I asked confused and angry for not being aware of precautions.

"What?" He asked, opening his eyes so they could meet mine. "What are you talking about?"

"Leo just ambushed me in the woods; why?" I asked.

"Lil, what are you doing in the woods?" He asked, letting go of me, staring me down, looking almost disappointed like a dad would be.

"I was going for a run, thank you very much." I snapped lightly, tired of distractions.

Drew sighed and put his hands on my shoulders, staring straight in the eyes.

"Lily, do not go back into those woods alone, ever again." He said, almost demanding me.

As soon as those words processed through my mind; I was shocked.

My eyebrows were raised; eyes wide.

"Promise me you won't." He asked of me. His whole body language read that this was serious, and he needed me to listen.

"Promise." I said, alittle hurt he didn't think I was capable of protecting myself.

And then I left. I sadly walked away from him, and into my closet. The only room I know he won't bother me.

I sat up against the window, contemplating this morning.

It took me a hour to ask myself two questions:

What the hell just happened?

What is he hiding?

************************************