Sad Beginnings; A New Home

Start from the beginning

Issei: Alright man, ready to hit the road?

Y/n: Sure.

Issei nods and the two boys head down stairs to the front door. As the walk downstairs, Miki spots them.

Miki: Issei, where you going?

Issei: I'm just gonna take Y/n out on the town so he can get a feel for it.

Miki: Well that nice of you dear. Don't be put too late.

Issei: We won't! Love ya mom!

Miki: Love you too, take care of your cousin.

The boys then exit the house and make their way for the town. As they walk far from the house, Y/n notices a gate with a school behind it.

Issei:*notices him looking* Oh that's Kuoh Academy. It became a co-ed school some time ago. Though majority of the students are girls. It's got a bunch of clubs too, and if you're interested they've got a newspaper club if you're interested.

Y/n: Hmm.

Issei: Right.... I'm actually in one of these clubs. U-Uh, it's pretty boring though so it probably wouldn't interest you hehe.

Y/n just hmm's again which causes Issei to frown. After a bit of more walking, Issei leads Y/n to the Plaza park.

Issei: And this is the Plaza park. It's got all you'd expect from a mall, shoes, clothes, accessories, and all sorts! I'm plus it's a great hangout stop when you just wanna chill by yourself or with the bros.

Y/n hears laughter and he turns his head to see a little girl laughing as her mother and father play with her.

Issei:*notices him staring*Uh! Why don't we get something to eat! All the walking can work up an appetite.

Y/n:*sighs*Sure.

Issei: Alright let's go!

====================================

Now sitting across from each girth in a both, Issei and Y/n find themselves in Café CxC. Issei had gotten an double vanilla scoop with strawberry syrup and Y/n had gotten a Neapolitan with chocolate syrup and whipped cream.

Issei: Hey, not trying to bug or anything but you know you can talk about it with me right?

Y/n: There's nothing to talk about.

Issei: Look I'm just trying to-

Y/n: Trying to what, Issei? Trying to help? Tell me that it's gonna be okay? Or maybe you'll tell me you know what I'm going through? Well you don't! You don't even begin to know how I feel!

Issei: You're not the only one who lost them okay! I lost them too! They were my family! You're my family and I care about you!

Y/n: Whatever, I'm out of here.

Issei: Y/n wait!

Y/n just ignores him and walks out of the café, leaving Issei there with his head hung low.

====================================

Y/n is just walking along the sidewalk, passing the people and shops going by. His walk comes to a stop when he stops by the entrance to the town park. As he walks inside, he soon comes to a bench and goes go sit down. As he sits there, he starts to think about what's happened to him recently. He was in a tough spot, but he wasn't the only one. His uncle, his aunt, Issei, they all lost as well.

Issei: Figures I'd fine you here.

Y/n turns his head to see Issei walking up to him and sitting down on the bench.

Y/n: How'd you know where to find me?

Issei: I come here sometimes to clear my head when things get a little loco for me. I thought you'd do the same and I was right.

Y/n: Look I-I'm sorry for what I said.

Issei: I get man. I shouldn't have pushed my luck. I'm-it's just I'm worried ya know. I've lost my uncle, my aunt, and my cousin. Besides mom and dad, you're the only one I've got left.

Y/n: Yeah, same here.

Issei: Hey let's bounce, suns going down and mom will probably freak if we stay out too late.

Y/n: Race ya there?

Issei: Oh your on!

Both boys smile as they jump up from the bench and rush back to their household.

====================================

Inside the Hyoudou household, the family can be seen at the dining room eating their dinner.

Miki: So Y/n, how did you enjoy the town?

Y/n: It was....quaint. A lot smaller from the city.

Goruo: Well that's Kuoh town for ya. It's a pretty nice place to settle down in, not like in the city where it's always busy.

Miki: Well uh, Y/n we have some news.

Y/n: Hmm?

Miki: I was able to get in contact with the school and enroll you there.

Goruo: You'll be in Issei's class, so son look after him would ya?

Issei: Don't worry about it dad, I'll have his back.

Y/n: Thanks, alright I'm done with dinner, I'm gonna head upstairs.

Y/n takes his plate from the table and puts in the kitchen before heading upstairs to his room. The rest of the Hyoudou family all gloomy look.

Miki: Poor baby, it's not right what happened to Martha and Ben.

Gorou: Damn the man who killed them. I hope he rots in hell for what he did to my sister and brother-in-law.

Issei: Mom, you think Y/n will be okay?

Miki: We can only hope for the best honey.

====================================

Coming out of the bathroom, Y/n enters his room while he drys his hair. After doing so, he throws his towel onto his desk chair and sits on his bed. He lets out a sighs, but then he heard a knock on the door.

Y/n: Come in.

As the door opens, Y/n sees that it's his uncle Gorou.

Goruo: Hey champ, got a minute?

Y/n: Sure, what's up?

Goruo: Just wanna chat with ya for bit is all.

Y/n: Okay.

Gorou: Look, this whole thing going on it's difficult for us. Especially on you. But you're not alone in this. Just remember you've got me and your aunt to talk too, along with Issei.

Y/n: Thanks uncle Gorou.

Gorou: It's not a problem kiddo. Alright, I'm gonna head back to your aunt. Get some shut eye nephew. Night.

Y/n: Yea, goodnight.

As Gorou walks out of Y/n's room, he lays back and looks at the ceiling for a bit. As he turns to his side, he takes a look at the photo of him and his parents.

Y/n: Goodnight you guys.