Ch.1

"Cara! You're gonna miss the party, let's go!"

I groan and throw my blanket over to the side. Sitting up, I stretch my arms and let out a little yawn. Curse Gigi for waking me up from my nap. But then again she did get me into the most "spectacular" event that was going to take place today. You guessed it. Kendall Jenner's birthday party.

Checking the time I saw that it was almost 7:00 p.m. . Gigi had mentioned that it wouldn't start until 9:00 p.m. . Plus she told me where the party was going to take place. It was at this one club that they had reserved for Kendall since last year. From what I've heard it's pretty hard to get that place all for yourself. Moonlight or some thing was the name of it.

"What the- Cara! C'mon I don't want to be late!" She emphasized clearly. That model worthy face of hers was peeking into my room and she came in. Now she was towering over me. For some reason this party was REALLY important to her. And just to be funny and piss her off I did this:

"Oh no Gigi! Help!" I wrapped both of my hands around my neck and pretended to strangle myself, falling on my side to the floor.

"Stop it!" Her expensive designer bag hit me in the head. It didn't hurt but I still rubbed the spot where she had targeted me.

"Okay fine. Hey, listen. I'm going to stay here and get ready for a bit. You can go and I'll meet you there," I said calmly. I was now sitting crisscross applesauce style. Minus the hands in your lap.

"Do you have the address?"

"Yes."

She seemed to be contemplating whether or not to leave me and go by herself. That's the thing about her. Gigi can be really rude to me but then at the end of it all, she cares about me. That's mainly the reason why we are close. But the media sees it differently.

Gigi and Cara. More than friends?

Guess who spent the weekend in the same room at the same hotel? Cara and Gigi!

Cara and Gigi. Hottest new couple?

Those are just some few headlines from the Internet. Its not that those rumors bother me. The real problem is that they assume without knowing. Sometimes they can get on your nerves but that's the average life of a model. There's paparazzi over here and paparazzi over there. Then the annoying reporters making up false articles. Rumors come and go and they can sometimes get old so why bother stressing over them?

"Okay, just, if anything happens, call me."

"Okay."

She nodded and put a smile on her face. Her back was facing me as she walked away. I heard the front door open and then close behind her. When she locked the door, I stood up and went to my closet. I walked back and forth looking to see what was appropriate to wear. There was the simple look. But then the classy.

In the end I decided on a white romper with a pair of black wedges. Since Gigi wasn't here to help me with my make up I had to do it by myself.

A half hour later, I was done and ready to go. I grabbed my belongings which consisted of my phone and purse.

Ding

From: Harry
Hey, are you going to Kendall's party?

The text surprised me and I furrowed my eyebrows.

From: Me
Yeah, why? Don't tell me you're going too.

From: Harry
She invited me, I couldn't say no.

From: Me
I thought you were on tour?

From: Harry
I got a break along with the rest of the lads. I'll pick you up by 8:30.

Harry and I had know each other for a while now. We would go out to the movies and sometimes shop together. That's mainly it. He was a good friend I'll tell you that. Nothing more than friends. He kept on telling me he was taken but wouldn't tell me by who.

...

From: Harry
I'm outside. Hurry!!

With that simple message I sprinted towards my front door and was outside in less than 5 seconds.

I locked the door and literally ran to Harry's Range Rover which was parked outside next to the cheesy, white angel fountain that came along with the "mansion."

It wasn't hard running in wedges. After a couple years of walking the runway with these bad boys and other high heels, I was more than an expert.

"Hey! Sorry for the short notice but I didn't want to drive over there by myself. Where's Gigi?" His British accent was more than clear. It was funny cause we both sort of talked the same.

"She left me in the dust," I muttered, pretending to be mad.

"That sucks."

"JUST KIDDING!!" I yelled loudly.

"Cara! Sheesh, relax," he said chuckling.

"Sorry, I drank a red bull before I hopped into your Range Rover."

I wasn't lying about it. Maybe it made me too hyper that it caused him to say, "Settle down," every 20 seconds because I was super loud.

We were zooming through the streets of California. Passing almost every light as green. I was thankful because we didn't have to deal with the whole paparazzi thing.

Wait, never mind. I spoke to soon. We stopped at a red light and a horde of about 10 annoying people with cameras began to take pictures. Shining bright lights over here and over there. It wasn't until I peeked through the huddle of picture taking maniacs that I saw that the light had turned green.

"Harry, mate, let's go," I muttered.

"I can't just-"

"HARRY!"

He looked at me. His expression showing how shocked he was that I had yelled at him. With his eyes looking forward and the people still taking pictures, he began to slowly drive past the people until they had the decency to move.

Miraculously, we had made it past the most annoying human beings you can meet on Earth if you're a celebrity. I mean, I get that it's their job but we need our personal space sometimes. But once you become famous, you become the media's property.

My forehead was pressed against the window as I was thinking what I would become of my life. Being a model isn't something one can do for the rest of their life. I checked my phone and straightened my back as I saw all these Twitter notifications. Some were of fans mentioning me and saying very lovely stuff. Others were plain rude.

The Range Rover suddenly made a stop and I looked outside to see that we were outside of the club named: "m.i.d.night."

"We're here," Harry mentioned.

Slowly I made my way out of the car and into the club with Harry behind me.