Ch.5

"Are we there yet?" Kendall whined.

The driver muttered a "no."

I was enjoying the ride if you want me to be honest with you. We passed these buildings, restaurants, and small stores. Their windows were covered in bright lights and so were the small palm tress that aligned the sidewalk. It was beautiful. My window was down and I was enjoying the breeze that blew right in my face.

Kendall scooted over to where I was and planted a soft kiss on my right cheek. She then laid her head on my shoulder. Her hand met mine and she turned my hand so that my palm was facing upwards. She drew small pattern- like circles, but then it felt like she was spelling something out.

"I think I love you too much Cara." Kendall whispered so only I could here.

Something about the way that she said "too" made me shudder.

The car had stopped and the lady told us we were home. Well it wasn't my home, but it was Ken's.

With that, Kendall moved away from me and exited on the opposite side of the car. My heart was racing and my hands were sweating. I was sweating. Clearly I was nervous. Why you ask? Well you know, it wouldn't be a big deal when Kendall said that to you right?

I got out of the car and saw nothing but green grass next to the driveway. It was a nice view. A small fountain was located in the middle of the huge space. Just a few feet away was the door to the house and Kendall was standing there. She was leaning against the brick wall, picking at her nails.

I walked quickly over to her. Almost speed walking.

There were about 3 steps that led to the door and Kendall was on the last one. She saw that I had arrived and she turned around and opened the tall door. It was made of glass, but a weird type of glass. You couldn't see clearly inside. Everything looked blurry.

"So, here we are. Home sweet home," Kendall said.

She stepped inside first and I was the last one to step foot inside the elegant house. Two separate stairways were on each side. In the middle, there was a wide hallway that led to a different living room. The house had a high ceiling but I could still catch a glimpse of the huge chandelier hanging up there.

I've now noticed that I have this habit of looking and admiring new places. It's an instinct of mine I guess.

I saw Kendall going up the stairs and I followed. She was on her way to an open room and she turned on the lights. We were now inside what looked like her room.

"So, we can either watch Netflix or just go to sleep and snuggle," she said while taking off her shoes and taking them to her closet.

She came out and just looked at me with a dull expression. It was all up to me now.

"If we watch Netflix, can we still snuggle?"

A cheeky grin appeared on my face and I wiggled my eyebrows. I earned a laugh from her.

"Of course!"

Normally I would just walk over to the bed. But this time it was different because I grabbed Kendall and threw her over my shoulder. She let out a giggle and I fell with her on the white, soft bed.

Our foreheads were touching and our eyes connected. Her hands slid into mine and she gave me a quick peck on the lips. Smiling and closing her eyes moments later. My left hand met her hair and I slowly stroked it. I admired how beautiful she looked like this. Eyes closed and her lips slightly partly.

And that's when I knew that I wanted to spend the rest of my life waking up like this. Next to her. This is what I wanted.

...

"So we have Pretty in Pink, The Notebook, or we can go for Heathers."

I pretended to be debating on which one when really all I wanted to watch was the Notebook.

"See, I don't know if I want to watch Pretty in Pink, or the Notebook. Help me choose, princess."

At first she pouted but then her eyes lit up while saying, "The Notebook!"

We snuggled up. Kendall's legs were in between mine and her arms were around my waist. The best part was that her head was on my chest which gave me a safe feeling. I always felt safe with her around. My princess.

"Here we go, The Notebook."

...

SORRY THIS TOOK SO LONG! It was a very boring chapter, I know. Sort of a filler just to end Kendall's birthday party and everything. Thanks for all the love you give to this story. Hopefully you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoy writing it :) Till next chapter
-Jasmine