Part 2 : His child

Start from the beginning

The media traced back their steps. No one dared to cross Arnav Singhania! Ever!

Ayaansh's eyes were full of tears, that didn't reflect any sadness today, but shone like pearls at the corner of his eyes and his heart was filled with the warmth that could erase the coldness of the deepest depth of ocean. He was Arnav Singhania's child! He had never known the sense of belongingness untill that moment. Arnav had just given him the greatest treasure of his life! Perhaps, the misfortune that he hated all his life, had finally led him to a beautiful destiny that he had never dreamt of!

Ashi entered Ayaansh's room with a tray of food. The boy hadn't spoken to anyone or even come out of the room after whatever happened. Ashi saw him sitting with his guitar. He was trying to tune in the strings and but it wasn't coming out as he wanted to. He seemed utterly frustrated.

Though even his frustrated face was radiating happiness, he seemed troubled by something, Ashi noted.

"Khana kyun nhi khaya?"

Ayaansh looked up from his guitar. "Bhabhi?"

Ashi came and sat opposite to him, keeping the tray in between them. She gave a pointed look to the untouched plate she had previously sent to his room. Ayaansh gave her an apologetic smile.

Taking a sigh, Ashi picked up the plate of food and brought a morsel to Ayaansh's lips. Ayaansh ate without any fuss. He could never say no to Ashi.

"Media ne jo pucha uski vajah se pareshan hai?" She asked gently, while feeding him.

Ayaansh shook his head. Those talks no more bothered him. His Bhaiya had taken a stand for him in front of the whole world. That was all that he would remember.

"Toh kya baat hai?"

Ayaansh didn't reply, instead he walked up to Ashi and hugged her tightly. He was feeling too overwhelmed to say anything. Whatever traces of insecurity was left inside him was washed away today, like it never existed. He would never doubt on his identity again!

Ashi caressed his hair and let him stay. She knew how much unnerving it would have been for him to see Arnav taking such a stand for him.

After a few moments, when Ayaansh was relaxed in her embrace, he looked up from her midriff and smiled softly. "Pareshan nhi hoon, Bhabhi. Jab tak aaplog mere saath ho, mujhe koi pareshani nhi ho sakti."

That drew a smile on Ashi's face. Something in Ayaansh's eyes told her that her boy was ready to let go and move on in his life.

"Hum toh humesha hi tere saath hai na, bachcha?"

Ayaansh smiled and nodded. Ashi kissed his forehead and continued feeding him again.

"Aapne khaya?"

"Kha loongi, bachcha..."

Ayaansh didn't listen to her and brought a morsel to her mouth. Ashi's eyes filled with love. She ate from Ayaansh's hands.

"Kisi song ka tune try kar rha tha?" Ashi asked, feeding him another morsel.

Ayaansh nodded. "Ek song hai dimaag mai, Bhabhi. Kab se try kar raha hoon. Par kuch missing lag rha hai."

Ashi smiled and got up, ruffling his hair. "Koi baat nhi. Sayad missing piece hi sabse important part ho. Aankhein band kar ke sukoon se koshish kar, ho jayega!"

"How come Manish escaped, Bhaiya? He was specifically being monitored inside the jail. How did this happen?"

"Some insider was involved, Ani." Arnav ran his hands through his hair. "He escaped from the jail and the person who helped him was shot dead yesterday."