Beat 12

The lizard met her fist and grabbed Gwen and flung her down. Gwen shot a web, pulling a light poll over, and smacked it against the Lizard hard. It shot back and hit against a building. Gwen ran over and smacked it hard over and over as the lizard tried to defend himself.

"STOP!" It yelled.

"THIS ISN'T OVER TILL I SAY IT IS!"

Gwen gave a final blow. 

She sent the lizard down as a chunk of a building fell onto it.

The sun was rising, and there was no more rain over them. It was a beautiful day. 

The Lizard shrunk down to a boy. Gwen sighed in relief.

This should be eased.

She walked over and froze as her eyes fell on Peter Parker. 

"P-P-Peter?" 

He looked up weakly. "Do I... know you?" 

He lay there helpless, weak, and half dead. 

Gwen fell to her knees. She pulled her mask down and the hood close to her face. 

His eyes widened. "G-G-Gwen?" 

She nodded her head through tears. 

He shook his head. "No no no no!" He started to cry and Gwen held him up in her arms.

"I messed up!" 

"Yeah... you kinda did." Gwen muttered.

She lifted the chunk of the building up off of him and her eyes widened. Blood was pouring out of his stomach as his breath sped up.

"No... I killed someone, I tried to kill Flash; I tried to kill you." 

She nodded her head and whipped her face. 

"Who did you kill?" 

"Harry Osborn." He said softly. 

"You didn't kill him... he was the one in the glider." 

"Really?" Gwen nodded. 

"Yeah. Horror movie vibes am I right?" 

It got a small laugh from Peter. He started to cough, and Gwen shook her head. 

"Please don't leave me." 

Peter looked at her carefully and put a hand to his bleeding body.

"Let the ambition get the best of me huh?"

"You're n-n-not g-going! I c-c-can't loose you?"

He smiled.

Gwen looked at Peter. 

"Why did you do this?!" 

Peter looked up. Gwen turned as saw the police and Harry. They were kinda casing him. 

Peter took a deep breath in. "You have power Gwen don't abuse it like I did, because with great power comes great responsibility. And we have a movie to watch..." 

Gwen smiled and watched his eyes drift off. His body wen t slack in her arms and she but her lip.

"Peter?"

He didn't answer.

"PETER?!"

Gwen's throat choked up. Someone ran behind her and she felt a hand on her shoulder. 

"We have to go now."  Harry's terrifying voice said. 

Gwen nodded her head. She put her mask on and turned to see her father and the police force holding guns pointed at Gwen's head. 

"HANDS IN THE AIR NOW!" 

Gwen did so. 

"ON YOUR KNEES!" 

Gwen shot a web at a building while Harry jumped up in his glider. The two ran... or swung and flew away. 

Gwen saw bullets wis past her and she shook her head, swung off, and was unable to cry.