29. The threat

Thank-you to all my readers. 6,000 +
reads. Thank-you for reading my story. Thank-you for following me!

"Let's move!" the bodyguard ordered,

Diana led Crysta to a safe room. Amy and Melissa followed. Chris and Trevor were making sure the safe room was safe. "It's clear," Chris announced.

Crysta, Amy, and Melissa entered the room. There was a desk with a computer in the corner. A couch with two matching single chairs were in another corner. The were rows of cabinets against a wall. "What is this?" Crysta asked.

"Hunter had a safe room made for you," Diana answered. "There are canned foods, water, and medical supplies in the cabinets. The last cabinet has board games, cards, books, and so on. We are going to be in here for a bit so get comfortable," Diana finished.

"Is there a bathroom?" Amy asked.

"Yes, thru that door," Diana pointed.

Chris and Trevor nodded to Diana and locked the door on their way out. Diana sat in one of the single chairs. Melissa and Crysta sat on the couch.

Crysta's cell phone rang. "Are you ok?" Hunter asked. "Why are the alarms going off?" Hunter was concerned.

"One of the windows shattered. The
bodyguards brought us to the safe room," Crysta answered.

"Who is with you sweetheart?" Hunter questioned.

"Amy, Melissa, and Diana," Crysta replied.

"Are you sure you are ok?"

"I am fine. What is happening?" Crysta whimpered.

"I am not sure, my love. Stay with Diana," Hunter said. "I will be home in minutes." He hung up.
*************************************
Chris' cell phone rang. "Hello, Mr. Yearwood."

"Why haven't you reported in? The alarms went off five minutes ago." Mr. Yearwood tried to stay calm.

"We are still investigating the cause of the alarm. We have Ms. Crysta and her friends in the safe room with Diana," Chris professionally replied. "One minute sir," Chris put Mr. Yearwood on hold.

"We found several prints of footsteps by the wall in the back of the house behind the garages. There is a gate there. The
footprints come into the property but we haven't found any exiting the property," the security guard reported to Chris.

"Mr. Yearwood, your security has found footprints coming into the property but none exiting the property," Chris reported.

I am two minutes away. I want an emergency meeting in the front of the house when I arrive," Mr. Yearwood ordered.

"Yes Sir. Emergency meeting in two minutes in front of the house," Chris answered. Chris hung up the phone.

"Are the girls ok?" James finally spoke up.

Hunter glanced at his PA and friend. "Yes, Diana has brought them in the safe room." Hunter looked out the car window. "We are here. Let's find out what is happening." Both men exited the car and quickly walked to the front of the house.

Mr. Yearwood stood in front of his security team with James at his side. Liam left work and was on his way to the house. "How did anyone get on this property?" Hunter demanded. Everyone cowered.

"There is a gate behind the garage. It looks like someone tampered with it. We can follow footsteps thru the landscape. Once they reached the walkway the footsteps stop. Whoever it is might still be here," the head security guard reported.

"I want every inch of the property checked for trespassers and any means that might have been planted to create more damage. I want my head of security and Chris in my office in 15
minutes. Dismissed." Hunter needed to see Crysta for himself.
*************************************
Security at the front gate called Hunter on his cell phone. "Mr. Yearwood, there is a gentleman named Liam who wants to enter the property."