But there was always a chance...

Maybe...Hufflepuff?

It felt so random that it made sense to make it a password.

I wrote it down.

And folded the chit.

I placed mine in the bowl.

Pansy stared at me in shock, "You thought of a word already?"

I grinned, "Yup. Pretty sure no one will guess it."

She quirked a brow at me, "Aren't we supposed to make it easy? You know? to win??"

I looked at her sighing.

"Obviously not. If it's easy to guess then the password to the dorm will be weak..."

She looked at me eyes a little wide as though she just realised what was going on, "Right. I forgot."

She then went back to scribbling on her chit a tight-lipped expression on her face.

I looked among the first years and noticed that Daphne and Malfoy were also done.

I turn to Daphne, "How hard do you think yours is?"

She looked at me and shrugged, "Not sure. I'd say it's hard but I might be wrong."

I nodded and turned to Malfoy who was clearly already listening to the conversation, "What about you?"

He looked at me sneering as usual, "It's obviously the best here. There's no chance any of you will guess it."

I roll my eyes.

In a few minutes, all the chits were in the bowl.

Farley cast a few spells and 10 different chits flew out of the bowl landing in different people's hands.

Farley then gave each of them a quill, "New passwords people. Stop doing generic stuff..."

They all wrote new things and when Farley recast the spell no chits flew out.

She smiled and turned to all of us.

"Let the games begin. And may the odds be ever in your favour."

The game ended with the sixth year being first place, the fifth year in second and, the first year in third.

We mostly lagged because we were not as aware of random facts as the older years.

So being third was actually pretty good for our first time.

None of us were happy about it, but what control did we have when it was over?

We all placed our newly written chits into the bowl.

I'd written down the same thing as my first time being slightly biased of course.

After the whole ordeal, I was slightly upset that my word didn't win.

The password was decided to be, 'Dragon blood'.

It was about 9:00 p.m. when we finished everything.

We were late for dinner but for some reason, I couldn't care less.

My smile was too wide for my lacking and my jaw was slightly aching.

The whole house had laughed so much in the past 2 hours I was slightly concerned.

We cleared the dorm in less than 5 minutes and headed to the Great Hall in a large group.

It was chaotic but fun.

We sat down and chatted and chatted.

Unlike last night's dinner, we were the loudest house in the hall by a mile.

The Slytherin table buzzed on and on murmuring and shouting about jokes we'd made during the game.

The whole house was much like Hufflepuff the previous night part of one large group.

The Gryffindors and Ravenclaws seemed almost exhausted with our antics while the Hufflepuffs minded their own business.

Most kids from other houses were sorrowful.

The exhaustion of Monday took all joy from them while our house was full of joy.

It felt so fun to finally actually be part of the group that was fun, the group that was like family, a group where everyone was included.

And I no longer felt the need to ask Patil about Ravenclaw.

I knew enough about my house to be happy where I was.

Plus why would I go looking for sadness?

Why would I try to upset myself???

That night, I went to bed, heart light and stomach full.

Author's Note:
Heyyyy, So I've had this headcannon for a while now and thought it was a fun idea. It also helps the more perceptive people of Slytherin to learn more about their housemates, and who knows y/n might do so too. I might also just never mention this headcannon ever again. Just wanted it to exist lol. Enjoyyy!

Word Count: 1682

~Author<333