Chapter 9

I was finally going to Hogwarts today.

I was so excited I could barely sit still.

In the past week, I'd read my textbooks all day and night.

I was sure I'd gone through almost everything I'd be learning this year.

I wasn't usually so interested in studies but I hated the feeling of being left out so I tried to learn as much about the magical world.

I'd read about quidditch, Hogwarts, about my wand, and a bunch of small spells.

I'd even practiced using a quill till my hand no longer shook.

It wasn't the neatest but it was legible and that was good enough in my books.

I was beginning to think I was gonna ace this whole wizard thing.

Everything seemed so easy and came so naturally I genuinely felt like I had nothing to worry about.

I was at King's Cross with one of those shopping cart-like things that McGonagall had used back at Diagon Alley. 

I wore a light grey coat over my blue sweater shirt and black jeans.

I was never told if I was supposed to be wearing robes and I'd rather not look like a lunatic to the muggles at King's Cross.

I'd packed everything but my wand.

It was the one thing that sat in my coat pocket other than my ticket of course.

Speaking of it I decide to glance at it again.

I looked at the ticket.

It said I had to go to platform nine and three-quarters at 11:00 am.

It was currently 10:30 and I'd just arrived.

I began to walk around to look for my platform.

I walk slowly and see platform nine which meant platform nine and three-quarters had to be close.

I continue to walk only to see that the next platform was ten.

That meant my platform had to be in between the two platforms but when I went backward to check, there was no platform.

This began to worry me.

The ticket didn't say where it went other than simply stating Hogwarts and when reading about Hogwarts it didn't mention anything about where it was located.

I looked around to see if anyone seemed to be carrying wizard-like supplies but still nothing.

I kept looking until about 15 minutes before 11:00 I spot an owl in a cage.

I instantly light up when I see that the person with that cart was none other than Harry.

Finally, someone to help me figure out where the platform was.

I remembered my conversation with Malfoy about how he lacked information on the magical world and hoped that this wasn't one of the things he was unaware of....

He stops a little far from where I'd been waiting at platform ten and the man helping him get his luggage here leaves him.

My hope then vanished because just as the man left I saw that Harry began to seem scared.

He didn't know where the platform was either...

I see him walk up to a passing guard and talk to him for a bit.

But he just continued to look even more worried.

I look at the clock only to see that I had only 10 more minutes before I'd miss the train.