I stared at the chits and then her, no doubt a quizzical expression lying on my face.

Farley grinned wider as she began, "As a way to bond and understand each other as well as make a good password we made a fun way to pick a password. We'd play a game as a group to decide it."

I quirked a brow at this.

She continued, "We first vote on whether to play charades or 20 questions.
Then we each write something on one of our chits and place it in the first bowl.
We then shuffle it, remove all repetitions through spells, and let everyone pick a chit.
The order of picking goes by year in ascending order.
Then we each take turns also in order of year in ascending order to have our word be guessed.
To make it fun each year is a team and whichever year guesses the most chits wins.
The chits are enchanted so once read the ink disappears and anyone caught talking amongst other players will be disqualified and nullify any team winnings.
After the game, everyone writes what they believe was the hardest word to guess on their blank chit. Discussion is allowed in this part.
The winning team's chits go in the second bowl as their chits count as thrice the value any other Slytherin's chits do.
Then we tally the results and the most voted word is our password for the fortnight."

I smiled. This would be fun.

I looked around and noticed that the room of Slytherins which seemed to always be in a state of silent whispers was positively buzzing.

The older years, of course, used to this system simply talked amongst themselves deciding their words while us younger years chatted enthusiastically over the whole idea.

Farley then spoke again after a satisfying amount of Slytherins were rallied for the tournament.

"All those who vote for Charades raise a hand."

There were about 30 or so people who raised their hands.

I noticed that out of the 30, 3 were from my year.

Paige, Zabini, and Millicent had raised their hands.

I on the other hand had not.

This was my first impression of the house.

I'd rather not get stuck with a ridiculous creature and act stupid attempting to act it out.

20 questions would mean I could be confident and sly since all I needed to do was answer questions.

Seeing as the majority had not raised their hands Farley declared it to be a game of 20 questions.

I then noticed a chalkboard on the side of the room with seven columns each labelled with the year number.

I smirked.

It. Was. On.

All of us girls already being seated near each other didn't budge and got the guys to sit on the sofa next to ours while everyone shifted to allow for each year to be near each other.

Why the older years were not already seated together was beyond me.

Each first year, myself included, had received a quill and we all wrote on our chits.

I stared at mine for a second.

What did I want it to be?

Something hard to guess...

It would be the dorm password after all...

I smirked as an idea popped into my head.

Not a single soul would ever predict the Slytherins to make their password "Gryffindor" of all things so maybe...