𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

ابدأ من البداية

I nod, quickly wiping my tears as Dominic and his father walk towards us.

I feel Dominic's eyes on me. Almost like they're going through my head. I say a quick goodbye to Mr Volkov and my uncle shakes his hand with a large grin.

"Aha. We'll talk soon. I'll see you in the office, Monday. Take care"

I quickly walk up the stairs and into my bedroom where my dog sits, chewing its toy.

"Hey there, Lulu. " I wrap my arms around her and lift her onto my bed. "I missed you."

As I sit quietly on the bed holding my dog, I think back to the moment I shared with Irina downstairs.

It has been fourteen years without my mother. Without my shoulder to lean on. Without a person to tell me how to act, to have 'the talk' to. To laugh with. To tell all my problems.

I loved both my parents so much. But nothing hurt more than losing a mother. The love a child has for a mother is what words can't explain.

In that slight moment, I was with Irina, hugging her. The tears weren't because of the fact I was marrying her son. I've already cried those tears.

But it was because she felt like a mom. She felt so much like a mother at that moment and it made me feel all kinds of emotions.

I hate admitting it out loud or talking about it at all to anyone but I miss her.

I miss my mom.

✧✧✧

I glance up at the light blue clock hung up high near the white framed window in my office as I take a large gulp of my coffee.

"You can't ignore everyone forever." Isabel reminds me.

I scoff and turn my gaze to the vibrating on my desk, the contact reading uncle.

"I'm not ignoring everyone. I'm just ignoring him." I point to my phone and Isabel sighs giving me a mother-like glance.

I technically wasn't lying. I am ignoring him. Along with everything else going on in my life.

My thoughts have been all over the place since the dinner with the Volkovs last night.

The words business, wedding, and arrangement have been said way too many times for it to leave my mind.

I honestly don't know what I'd do without my friends. They mean everything to me. They are the only people who will willingly listen to my miserable life and my problems and always give me solutions. Or they sort it out for me.

Isabel rubs her stomach. "I'm hungry. And if I'm not fed using your credit card I'm gonna die."

I narrow my eyes at her. "My card?"

Isabel shrugs. "Eh. That's what you get when I'm besties with a millionaire."

"And you ask every time knowing I'm never going to say no to you."

"That is correct. Good job. You're doing great!" She grins and enters my bag and grabs my purse. "I'll drive. And pick up Sofia on the way. She'll give me shit for spending your money without her."

I roll my eyes playfully at my best friend. "Of course."

✧✧✧

I close the passenger side door and make my way around.

Amber's diner.

I haven't been here for years. The last memory I have in here was with my grandfather.

I'm surprised it's still here.

Most of the shops and houses around Rosewood have been renovated to posher-looking buildings as the town has slowly grown into the city of Loorden. Making it two parts.

Amber's Diner is the only building from the old town I still remember that has stayed the way it is.

I smile to myself and pull out my phone texting my grandfather asking if he'd like to meet here next week.

"Hurry up, Lina. My stomach is making hurricanes!"

I roll my eyes and follow them into the bright-coloured building.

"Hello, welcome to Amber's diner. Table for three?"

I nod. As the waiter leads us to the table. My phone buzzes with two loud notifications and I smile when I read my grandfather's contact.

Grandpa: Fantastic! I'll see you there. Love you loads.

My smile widens and suddenly, I feel a lot better.