The day the Eclipse met the Moon

Start from the beginning

There was the sound of small munching. After a few agonizing seconds, holding Macaque's every breath hostage, he wondered if perhaps the child had changed his mind. That he didn't wish to meet his Baba. That he would rather do anything else.

As the anxious thoughts swirled, Xiaotian was humming, taking another bit of his banana.

Instead of answering his Father and easing their worries, Xiaotian strolled out in a carefree manner from behind his Father. His arm swung at his side as he held up the banana, taking another big bite.

He was dressed in a soft orange sweater and dress pants, looking so dapper and perfect. His body was similar to dough in how round his tummy and arms were. Turning, Mihou saw his face as Xiaotian settled against Wukong's side, taking his Father's hand.

Qi Xiaotian.

This was his son. He was truly seeing his little boy for the first time.

His hair was a deep brown, cupping tan skin and starry eyes. His facial markings were Wukongs, shaping an adorable heart that had spots near the bottom- like freckles~

Macaque didn't know what expression he had as he looked upon his baby for the first time. He was here- alive and beautiful. His hand was still clamped over his mouth, willing back the tears he felt might overwhelm him.

Xiaotian's eyes lifted, eyeing the peculiar simian standing in front of him. He stared at Macaque's knobby knees first. Then his torso, carding up purple fabric, shoulders- they settled against fur as dark as the night sky.

Then, as MK looked upon Macaque's face, he felt he was seeing someone from a dream. Amber eyes stared back, glistening and wet like the fine rounded candy Sandy would sneak into MK's hands when Wukong wasn't looking.

MK pressed himself closer to Wukong's side quietly, feeling a wave of an unknown feeling overtaking him. He half hid his face, snuggling against his Father when he felt... shy.

His heart pounded, admiring this man, his Baba.

"Xiaotian," Wukong's hand pressed to the top of MK's head,

bringing him in a little closer. "This is your Baba, Macaque."

MK's eyes flickered back to Macaque's face, his gaze lingering there for a moment before darting back to his Father's side.

Macaque stood motionless, his chest heaving with emotion. He tried to form coherent thoughts in his mind, but the only thing that kept repeating over and over was, "My baby..."

Both Baba and child were locked in a stand still- Wukong glancing between the two. After a few painfully awkward seconds, he cleared his throat, startling them both.

"Let's... let's sit down." Wukong offered when he saw how Mihou's legs shook. His mate was swaying, looking lost.

Wukong spoke in a low and calming voice, the sound like a soft, soothing breeze that reminded Macaque of where he was- who he was in front of- and how fragile his own little heart seemed to be.

As delicate as shattered glass, messily glued together.

Realizing Wukong said something about sitting, Macaque nodded in his daze, falling to the floor in a heavy heap. Wukong was more mindful in his descent down, smiling when MK immediately crawled into his lap to sit. He had finished his banana, handing his father the peel.

All his staring and shock wasn't enough to deter this kid from finishing his snack.

"Done, Dada," He mumbles, eyes lingering on Macaque.

"Good job, Xiaotian." Wukong brushed his hand down his son's back. After a few seconds of distilled silence, he coaxed, "Want to say hello?"

MK stood motionless, his eyes wide and alert. His lips curled into a slight frown as he tilted his head ever so slightly in curiosity. He gave out a small chirp as he tried to assess Macaque's intentions. This was his... Baba?