Chapter 32: Inter-Realm Relations

Summary:

You arrive at the party, and it is BUSTLING with activity!

-----

The lightheartedness of the day returns when you get up for lunch - Or, well, breakfast. Your 'nap' over, you're only a few hours away from the party.

The rest of the school day is fairly uneventful. It's when school ends that things start to pick up again. Asmodeus whisks you away at the end of your last class to change into your Party Outfit, helping you look your best. He's cooing and gushing about how amazing you look and how amazing you look next to him - He's put on a beautiful outfit that enhances his natural figure - A suit-top with a skirt-like bottom half and fishnet stockings. He looks beautiful and gorgeous. When you look at yourself in the mirror, you can't help but to feel good about yourself. It's more than just pride, it's euphoric - The clothes you picked out are extremely comfortable, but they still look amazing on you. Asmodeus was able to find you the rare and fabled "formal outfit that could double as loungewear". The fabrics are cozy and not too much. The colors are rich. There's a magic charm to it that keeps dust and dirt and drinks and food from touching it. You couldn't get this outfit messy even if you tried.

You feel confident when you look at yourself in the mirror, and Asmodeus is DRINKING it up, taking as many pictures as he can. He squeals in delight as you two walk out to meet the others, only for you to find all the other brothers gussied up for the occasion, waiting to pick you up in a set of carriages.

You stare at the carriages. "This is so Extra™, guys."

"Extra fancy for an extra special person~" Asmodeus tugs you towards one of the carriages and helps you in.

"I thought we were heading back to the house??"

"We liiiiiiiied~!" Asmo giggles and Satan smiles. You're sharing a carriage with them on the way to your mystery destination.

"Sorry to deceive you, ___. It was hard to contain ourselves. A lot of people wanted to surprise you, and it's not every day that we get a chance to celebrate you." Satan is trying to contain his excitement from getting to be in a carriage with you AND Grim. When Grim hops from your shoulder to the seat beside him to look out the window, he's in heaven.

You shake your head, chuckling. You're along for the ride. Wherever you're going, it'll be interesting. They're right - You don't often give them many chances to go all out for you. Besides, if you get overwhelmed, you know you can get Levi to help you bail.

"So has anyone given you any gifts yet?" Asmodeus wiggles his eyebrows at you, grinning. Grim looks back to you with a bit of concern, which Satan notices.

"Yeah, actually. Solomon and Simeon were both very sweet with their gifts."

"What did they get you?" Satan is curious. Both about the gifts, and what could make Grim make that face.

You tell the two about the gifts you've received so far. Grim crosses his arms, watching the two to see how they react when Simeon's gift comes up. He's protective of you, so if either of them shows a hint of making a scene, he'll shut it down.

But they both surprise you AND Grim. Asmodeus squeals in excitement for you, scooping you into a hug as he practically jumps across the carriage to join you. "Ahhh!!! What an amazing gift! One absolutely worthy of you. Simeon knows how to pick well ~"

Satan's not so immediately reactive, but he then smiles. "It certainly is a good gift." Grim returns to smiling, and while that's not why Satan's chill with it, that certainly doesn't hurt.

"You guys aren't bothered that Simeon wants to try to get into your lives through me..?"

"That doesn't really seem to be what he's doing." Satan shrugs. "He wants to take care of you. As far as I'm concerned, that means he just wants to help YOU. Maybe he wants to get to know us, and sees it as an opportunity - Maybe that's why he even mentioned it in the first place? - But I think his offer was more about supporting you than it was about us. Though, I don't know him all that well. I'd bet it would be interesting to understand his side of things." He smiles to you, and you really don't feel any hint of frustration from Satan.