Chapter 14: Healing Can Begin

Solomon checks his text messages as he heads over to the castle. Lucifer made him aware of your situation, and how you were on the verge of overblotting, but you'd calmed yourself down enough to suppress it before it could actually take hold of you. But still, you had been so dangerously close to overblotting, that they'd been able to see the energy building around you, and the inkiness ebbing at your body.

Lucifer asked him to tend to you and to help you learn about your new magic, but warned him that you might not even know that you have magic.

It seems you're full of surprises.

Still, Solomon can't help but wonder exactly how you're feeling about all of this. From the sounds of Lucifer's texts, the brothers thought you were with him, which worried him at first. Though, a short text exchange with you made it apparent that you're just avoiding them for a bit.

Arriving to the castle, he steps into the foyer just to be greeted to the sight of you drinking tea prepared by Barbatos, who was staying nearby to ensure your protection. Solomon smiles upon seeing you, only for your disheveled expression to really paint a picture of how hard the night's been for you- Until his eyes travel down to see the marks on your neck. His expression shifts with a flicker of anger he didn't realize he had inside of him as he realizes that you've been hurt.

But.. he can still sense his spell on you, so how could someone, or something, have hurt you that badly?

When you see him, you knock back your cup of tea and stand up. You wave to Barbatos who nods in return, and you head for the door without another word. Despite how rough of a night it's been, you're holding yourself together just fine. Solomon follows after you, and as you both walk to Purgatory Hall, you tell him everything. You tell him about the brothers, you tell him about Belphegor, about traveling to the past, and you tell him about how the spell didn't work to protect you because you no longer fear death in any significant way. When you explain this, it's obvious to him that you're distressed by that fact.

After all, he's also distressed by that fact, but much less visibly so.

He apologizes that his spell was inefficient, to which you shrug and say "If I wasn't always in some kind of dangerous bullshit, it should, and WOULD have worked - It's not your fault that the fear that I miscalculated something was a better trigger for it."

"Still, I'm sorry that you got hurt."

".. Thanks." You sigh, groaning. "I'm hungry, and I'm still sleepy. And I think all my books for school are at the House of Lamentation."

"Actually, I've been preparing for you." Solomon grins. You shoot him a questioning look. "Since you told me about how rough things have been, I've been preparing on the sly to give you a good place to escape to, so, I think you'll find that you're adequately prepared to stay as long as you need to."

You grin. "Now fix my hunger and sleepiness, Magic Man." Making demands, you chuckle at your own joke which causes Solomon to laugh.

"I can make you something wonderful to eat when we get to Purgatory Hall, and I have a comfy bed with very comfy pajamas."

"Let me cook for you, you're being so kind as to host me.."

"No no, I won't hear another word about it. Tonight, I'm taking care of you."

Ahh, the sins of you keeping your opinions to yourself have come back to bite you in the ass. Maybe you can ask Simeon and Luke to sneak you snacks.

---

Reaching Purgatory Hall, Solomon lets you into the building. Simeon is in the hall and he sees you, which causes him to smile. As he gets closer though, he sees the marks on your neck and it clicks that something pretty serious happened. Solomon asks if Simeon knows any healing spells, and Simeon nods, taking you into his own room to help you.

Solomon tells you that while Simeon is tending to your injuries, he'll start up on that food for you. You shoot Simeon a cry for help with your eyes and he chuckles.