Stargirl

(Song: Stargirl Interlude- by Lana del Rey)

How many days has it been?

I honestly don't recall as I sat on my chair glancing at the photo every now and then.

I slide my index finger between my lips thinking to myself.

I probably stared at this image more than 10,000 times and by this point I remember every little detail of the woman's face.

It captured me, it felt like a never-ending grip on my throat.

It angered me.

She is nothing but a ridiculous little pest crawling around in my dimension, a pest that no matter how many times I squished it with the bottom of my shoe she got up and hid away.

I huff and turn away looking up at the ceiling trying to cool myself down.

I went a day ago to where Venom supposedly fell into our world finding particles of a portal, quickly the best of my spider society and I have been putting equipment near the rip to find any evidence of Venoms world itself. I let everyone take a break due to the number of problems they had in their own dimensions, we will be back working as soon as everyone has a pretty clear schedule.

I turn to my syringe sighing before looking for the time only realizing I had to inject myself with the rapture, I stand up and feeling my holographic suit reveal my toned shoulder as I push the needle into my skin feeling only an ounce of pain as I groan ever so quietly.

I felt myself being gripped once again by the image beside me as I rolls my eyes brushing my hair out of my face before standing up and jumping off my elevated platform storming out my room and looking for a way out of the society building. Many of my colleagues turn to me with a confused expression when I turn away from them before they can ask if anything was wrong, I mean how was I going to explain that a made-up image of woman was haunting my brain, that it was choking me every time I remembered her chilling features.

"Miguel" Lyla called as I hummed under my breath "Spider Noir caught wind of a possible call of Venom near a coffee shop."

I take a step back to rush down the building before she stopped me in my tracks.

"It was a false alarm though once I checked the cameras" she sighed.

"Well, we could never be too sure, like I said before the AI image can be completely different from what Spider Noir saw, he was in a club, the lights could've caused him to see things" I mumbled.

"I'm very sure of the photo though Miguel" I turn around to the deep voice that belonged to Noir himself as he crossed his arms over his chest "I wouldn't have said yes to be plugged in with your new technology so we can get a face to Venom themselves huh?"

"Por favor, ni siquiera puedes ver colores- wait how did you know the color of her eyes?" I mumbled.

Noir shrugs "I just assumed because of the dark shade in her eyes when I spoke to her that time and another reason" he whispered the last words to himself, I raise my eyebrow confused.

"By all means it doesn't make a difference I gave the news a black and white font since we couldn't be too sure" Lyla spoke.

"Well if you are both so very sure of what she looks like why haven't we got any calls about Venom?" I grumble annoyed as Spider Noir places one hand to his waist and the other rubbing the temples of his head.

"We need to be patient someone will find her around here-," Noir began as I scoff licking the inside of my top gums before putting on a smirk in his direction.