Day & Night

I open my eyes only being met with a night sky I stared at so many times before, but this time it felt somehow different, loud noises of cars beeping as swooshing sounds came all around me as I groan holding onto my head.

    "Venom" I whispered so softly not feeling him with me "Venom?" I hold myself up from the ground and realize I'm in a dark alleyway. I squint my eyes trying to focus my vision, the alleyway having no light except from the sky above me.

    "Victoria" I heard a familiar voice call to me, I flinch and look around me seeing nothing, the alleyway was gone and now it was complete darkness.

    "Hey, mi amor que paso?" I heard my dad's voice as tears stung my eyes "andale levántate it's just a scratch don't cry" I felt a hand on my cheek.

    This wasn't real.

    Papa died when I was 14.

    It was a dream, no, a memory.

    "Come on princesa let's try again hm? You know us Fernandez's never give up so easily" he laughed as he lifted my small body up from the cement ground and grabs the bike from beside me that I fell off. I was 8, I wanted to learn how to ride a bike since Sherlyn learned how to ride one already, I wanted to play with her but didn't know how.

    I hate remembering them now, but I couldn't really wake up, and maybe I didn't want to if they were here with me.

    I felt myself smile brightly at my papa as he sat me down on the seat again and held the back as I began to peddle softly feeling my balance slowly tipping to the right as I whine scared of falling, I was ready to press on the brakes again till my dad's loud voice rung behind me "Don't worry mi amor I got you alright? I won't let you go till you get the hang of it, just focus on keeping it steady" he smiled feeling him behind me as I nod as I peddled again a bit faster. I was getting the hang of it, I guess I felt comfortable with my dad right behind me, I let out a cheerful laugh finally getting steady on the road "I think I can let go now" he laughed as I felt myself freeze ever so lightly.

    "No, I'm not ready" I felt my eyes water.

    "You might not feel it, but I can see that I can let go, you'll be fine amor" I shake my head scared.

    "But I don't want you to let go papa" but I didn't stop peddling. Knowing he would be disappointed if I did.

    "I knew you could do it" his voice became far as I quickly turn my small head back to see him farther than what I thought he would be "I haven't been holding onto you for the past 7 minutes!" He smiled brightly at me as I smile when suddenly I felt the bike swerve as my body hits the cement ground once again.

    I look up seeing my dad already by my side laughing softly as I cried softly at the pain, before I knew it, I hugged him smiling softly as tears still leave my eyes "I did it."

    "I already knew you could do it princesa."

    I missed him.

    I missed him so much.

    "Vicky!" it was another memory as I hear the voice of my best friend Sherlyn behind me as I turn seeing her with her bright white hair with black streaks coming out and her brown eyes, running towards me with open arms as she tackles me to the ground "I found this at thrift store for you!" she holds up a cute white lace top "it's so you! And look!" she screamed with excitement as she pulls out another identical to mine but this time it's a dark maroon "We can match!" I smiled happily and grabbed the top from her hand and pressed it against my clothes.

    "You know my dad is never gonna let me wear this out, he would have a heart attack" I laughed softly.

    Sherlyn squints her eyes softly and frowns lightly as I sigh.