•PROLOGUE•

Warning: This book requires mature reader due to it's mature content

Note: I'm not going to write the details/gore, since it may disturb some readers. Once again, viewers discretion is still advised.

B l a c k p o o l , E n g l a n d
U n i t e d  K i n g d o m

A dazzling display of gold or crimson leaves flooded the pavement as they continued
Falling from the tree. I can sense the soft tap on my shoulder and once I glanced, I realised one of the leaves landed on my shoulder. I blew it away, watching it flew and dragged by the cold breeze only to end up landing perfectly inside the rubbish.

I rubbed my arms with a clattered teeth since the weather was colder and getting more frost in each day. Even my long—brown coat isn't enough to protect me from the coldness of the weather and this world.

The evening twilight is slowly but surely approaching, as the sun was no longer in sight. I continued to stroll the pavement, on my way back to my flat, a place where I resided after moving out of my parent's residence for the past two years. I'm just nineteen, but my parents thought of me as a fully grown adult since I was their only daughter. I keep in touch with them on a daily basis through text not to keep them worrying since I'm away from home in Southport.

Once I reached the flat building, I headed inside and made my way to the lift, standing up next to at least three other occupants who waited for the lift door to open. the three of us exchanged a little smirk to each other then adjusted our focus back to the lift, hoping it would open soon.

Finally, the lift reached the ground floor where we're at. Slowly but surely the door opened, followed by five occupants headed out of the lift in a rush. I entered the lift alongside those three folks, then quickly pressed the fifth floor button. I watched the other occupant pressing different buttons, they're heading up.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

The moment I made it in front of my room whom I shared with my roommate, Elizabeth, I groped the room key from my pocket and plugged it into the keyhole then proceeded to unlock the door. What an exhausting day, I couldn't believe I said yes to additional three hour shift to cover for my other co-worker whose father is "sick", that is if actually she has a father. You know what I mean?

To my surprise, Elizabeth, my roommate wasn't there. The TV was turned off, I noticed her purse and tote bag was nowhere in this room. It's unusual for her to be out at this hour, but hey, she's an adult, she can do whatever she desired.
I jumped on the leather couch and leaned my back, that's where I feel at ease after hours of standing and fake smiling at those dimwit customers.

I decided to give Elizabeth a call to make sure that she's okay. I watched my phone screen ringing her number, hoping she would pick up real soon to confirm her whereabouts. Wow, I feel like I was her mother at some point despite being one year younger but hey, I didn't want to hear anything bad happened to her. Just checking in on her, that's all.

"Hey, um, just wanted to check in on you", I said as soon as she picked up the call.

"Who's this?"

An unfamiliar man's voice answered on the line. The voice was deep and quite croaky, with a heavy British accent.

My heart skipped a beat hearing someone else's voice instead of Elizabeth. Why has this person had her phone in his possession? Did he kidnap Elizabeth?!

"Um.. who are you? where's Elizabeth?", I turned the question back at him.

"Ugh.. she's intoxicated right now. don't worry, I'll drop her off by her flat and you can come claim her," he replied.

"D— did you know where she lived? Who are you?"

"I'll be there in less than fifteen minutes," He then hung up the call in a hurry to evade further questioning from me.

Feeling strange as to why would Elizabeth was with someone whose voice I never heard before, I quickly thought of it as the worst. Probably, she was in a bar, and a stranger approached her then drugged her to the point where she fell unconscious just to get her expensive phone. Damn it. I knew that must be the case, didn't I call her number on time, something worse must've happened.

Despite feeling physically tired, I forced myself to stand up and headed out of my room in a rush after making sure my phone was already on my coat's pocket. I entered the lift and pressed the ground button, this time all alone.

****************