[ch 24]

♡o。.✿ฺ。——♡o。.✿ฺ。——♡o。.✿ฺ。——
♡o。.✿ฺ。——♡o。.✿ฺ。——

l/n y/n •

l/n y/n •

i was back in new york way sooner than i thought i would be. i wanted to go back to japan as soon as i got there. i missed being at home, i missed having to go to work. i missed waking up to nyx cuddling my face to wake me up every morning. i just wanted to go back. the flight was boring, shouko and i conversed occasionally while i was on the flight.

the flight had landed and i knew just from the commotion outside of the plane that i was not going to be left alone for a long time. the paparazzi was already tailing my ass and i hadn't even step foot upon new york yet. i groaned inwardly and put my sunglasses on. the amount of people were overwhelming because of the immense aura i could feel. the dread i felt was like nothing i had ever felt before.

i grabbed my bags and went down the stairs, people were already clicking pictures and trying to ask questions. especially about my relationship. i didn't say a word. so called "bodyguards" were pushing people away who dared to get near. they were only around because i knew damn well i would incapacitate someone if they got too close to me. a kind young man took my bags and put them in the trunk of the car. he quickly walked to open the car door for me, i thanked him before sitting inside. he then made it to the drivers seat and took off. he seemed anxious, not only by his aura but also by how he tapped his fingers against the steering wheel.

a ringtone began playing quite loudly after a few moments of silence. the poor man jumped in his seat, he picked up his phone and looked at the screen for a moment. his finger hesitated at the hang up button.

"it's okay, you can answer." i assured him. he looked at me and nodded thankfully before answering the call. he spoke quietly but i could still hear his conversation. he must have been talking to a sibling of his because of how he addressed their mother. the sibling's name is casey.

"i'm on duty right now casey," he said, "i can't be on the phone." he added. casey spoke on the phone again but i couldn't hear a word of what she said. the driver looked visibly annoyed. i could hear the murmur of conversation from the other side of the phone. i think the man finally had enough and just hung up the phone before calmly putting it back down.

"i'm sorry, it was my sister." he apologized. i waved my hands with a small smile on my face. "don't worry about it. is she younger than you?" i asked, engaging in conversation with him since i was quite bored on the plane ride. the driver nodded with a smile on his smile. it was those smiles that you get on your face when remembering a fond memory. he nodded slowly, "yeah, she can be very annoying but i love her nonetheless." i laughed slightly.