🔨 Chapter 15

🔨

"So, the two of you are together now?! Couldn't even make it a week before she got her hooks into ya?"

I sigh and push him out of the way, stepping onto the porch and closing the door behind me. "Listen Bryan..."

"OH MY GOD!" I frown and look for what has him so shocked. He's looking over my shoulder and he stomps away in that direction. I follow. He stops at the tire swing. 

"This is what your tattoo is about, isn't it?! It's her God damn swing that you had tattooed on your dick!"

"Hip."

"Whatever. You were falling down, blackout drunk and you were still thinking of her. You had fuckin' just been with a girl at that party, but you were still thinking of Prim!" 

He's shaking his head, clearly surprised by his discovery. "The tire swing seemed like such an odd choice, but you were dead set on it and we couldn't talk you into anything else. Now I know why." He shakes his head again. "No wonder you never seemed to regret it! And you're still completely consumed by everything about that girl! So much so that you are willing to come back here and risk all the hurt again."

"Bryan, I don't expect you to understand, but it isn't like that."

He continues to shake his head back and forth with his hands on his hips. He takes a moment to think then seems to come to a conclusion. 

"Dude, there is nothing I can do for you. I can't believe I'm just realizing this now, but I don't have a chance of saving you. All I can do is hope this works out. I really truly hope she isn't crazy because you are so far gone on her that there is no bringing you back." 

He takes a big breath and blows it out. Then he looks me in the eyes and puts his hand on my shoulder. 

"Obviously you are still obsessed and I should have realized it sooner. It's honestly a good thing she likes you back, Man. Because I have no doubt you'd be in jail for stalking if she didn't." My eyebrows go up. 

He shakes his head again. "I'm done fighting it, trying to save you. I hope it works out, Dude, that it's everything you always wanted it to be. I'm sorry I didn't see it sooner and I'm sorry that I didn't deal with this well. I shouldn't have yelled at her."

"Thanks Bryan. I know you were just trying to look out for me."

As we walk back to the house he says, "I finished the plans last night." He smirks, "Since it was an early night. I emailed them this morning. Let me know the changes you need made."

"You must have worked most of the night." He nods and asks about my mom then starts to walk up to the front door and I grab his arm, "Maybe we won't go in."

Bryan drops his shoulders, "I need to apologize to her. I can see you are staying with her. I don't want her to hate me." I consider it for a second then I agree.

I open the door and let him in. Prim walks out of the kitchen with a cup of tea and her eyes are open wide that I let Bryan in. "Prim, Bryan has something nice to say."

Bryan keeps a respectful distance from her, "Listen, I was WAY out of line yesterday. I had built you up in my mind as a terrible person because all I saw was how hurt Matt was. I can see now that he really loves you, that he never stopped loving you. I doubt he'd be happy with anyone else. So I really hope that the two of you can treat each other well. I'm sorry for yesterday and I hope you can forgive me."

"Forgiven." Bryan looks surprised by her quick response. "I didn't necessarily appreciate your methods, but you are a good friend to Matty. I'm glad you were there for him when I couldn't be." 

The Oneजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें