Evacuation and New Allies

Kakyuu had cast a concerned glance at her husband before leaving the room with the others. Now, Serenity and Seiya were alone in the room. Seiya leaned back casually in his chair, interlocking his hands behind his head and gave Serenity a mischievous grin.

"So, sweetheart ? What can I do for you?" he asked in a casual tone that made Serenity blush. What did he just call her? "sweetheart"?

Serenity hesitated, and Seiya's grin widened as he noticed that his words had an effect on her. She slowly approached him, clearly hesitating.

"I... I'm not exactly sure. But I thought you could help me find some answers," she began, carefully choosing her words.

"Answers to what?" Seiya asked, puzzled, sitting up a bit straighter. He felt that something was bothering her and was eager to find out what it was.

Serenity struggled with herself. She couldn't find the right words to articulate her questions. She wanted to know why she reacted so strongly to Seiya, why he stirred such strange emotions in her. But she couldn't just directly address it. After all, they were both married, just not to each other. Such feelings weren't appropriate, and yet they were there, and Serenity had to admit it to herself. The King of Kinmoku made her feel like a teenager again.

She scolded herself for her impulsive idea of speaking with Seiya alone. "Forget it, please," she said quickly, turning away, ready to end the conversation.

But Seiya's curiosity was piqued. He stood up and gently placed a hand on her shoulder from behind. "No. I want to know what's troubling you," he said with a serious tone.

The moment his hand touched her shoulder, she felt that uncontrollable flutter in her stomach again. Serenity turned around, and her gaze met Seiya's striking blue eyes.

"You have no idea how much I'd like to tell you everything, really. But I can't. I just can't because it would only make everything more complicated," the blonde Queen began.

Seiya tenderly cupped her cheek with his hand and met her sad gaze. "Sometimes, talking to someone about your problems can help," he said softly.

Serenity sighed and lowered her gaze for a moment. "Can you just hold me tightly and never let go?" she asked quietly, feeling the tension slowly dissipate.

Seiya didn't need a second invitation. In the next second, he had wrapped his arms protectively around Serenity, holding her close. Her head rested on his shoulder, and her lovely scent filled his senses. It felt like he was shielding her from the outside world, as if they were in their own little world right now.

In this intimate embrace, time seemed to stand still, and Serenity's heartbeat raced faster and faster. The warmth of Seiya's body and the safety of his embrace made her forget everything around her. All the worries, insecurities, and fears seemed to dissolve for a moment. It was as if Seiya had offered her a safe haven in the midst of a stormy sea.

Serenity closed her eyes and buried her face deeper into Seiya's shoulder. She felt his hand gently stroking her back, and the steady rhythm of his breath calmed her turbulent thoughts. In this moment, there were no complicated relationships, no duties as a queen, just two people offering each other comfort. He was the one giving her that comfort.

Seiya could feel Serenity's proximity and her vulnerable state. He would have done anything to protect her and provide the support she needed. Yet, he knew that the boundaries of their relationship were clear. He couldn't forget that they were both in other commitments and had their own duties. But for this brief moment, he could at least be there for her as a friend and offer her a sense of security.

After some time, Serenity lifted her head and smiled gratefully at Seiya. "Thank you, Seiya. That felt good."

Seiya returned the smile and gently brushed a loose strand of her blonde hair from her face. "Anytime. You know I'm always here for you when you need me. That's what friends are for, after all."