Chapter 57 - Timber (Nino/Carapace)

Start from the beginning

"Adrien... Take a break." I said his name quietly. His eyes widened. "Fine." He said and walked away. I sighed.

I stayed and watched Luka. Very carefully.

*_*-~

Purple Tigress came crashing towards me, I just managed to break her impact with the wall just in time. When she looked up, she made eye contact with Luka.

I helped her to her feet. "Damit Lu, how could you let yourself do that?" She whispered to herself. "He's not getting away with this, turning..." She paused to make her voice quiet. "...My own brother against me. Not. Cool." She headed back into battle.

Adrien came back. At least he took the time to take it all in. "Are you actually good now?" He made direct eye contact with me. "Yes." He spat out.

He wasn't good now. He was mad. "No you're not. Take another break to calm down." I told him. This time he didn't listen to me. "I was fine before and I'm fine now!" He snapped.

"You're angry! You're mad! You're hurt, you're upset. I know you are. I can tell!" I yelled back at him. I tried to get the message across to him. Adrien was blinded by the rage he felt because Viperion was hurt and fell victim just because he sacrificed himself to protect Adrien.

And that made him mad. "Of course I'm mad! I'm all those things! He shouldn't have done that! I was the one who was supposed to be hit! Not him! Because he was stupid and so damn selfless!" His eyes watered.

"That selfless idiot! He let himself get hurt when it was supposed to be me! It was supposed to be me!" He cried out.

In the distance, I saw him. He had his sword drawn. I rushed forward and pulled Adrien back.

"Shelter!"

The shield went up, and his sword collided with it. I turned to Adrien. "Go, I'll hold him off." He just stared at me. "Take Viperion and get the others to safety." I gave him instructions.

"And tell Alya how sorry I am. I might have just broken my promise about being safe. She'll come after me. Don't let her, promise me you won't let her come after me." He still didn't move.

My shield isn't indestructible. "B-but.." I cut him off. "Adrien, go." I told him softly. "N-nino-" Once more I cut him off. "Go!" I gave up some strength to make an opening for him. I knew he wasn't going to leave. So I pushed him and closed the opening.

He tried to get back in. "Go!" I told him one last time and he finally listened.

I turned back to the Supervillain. "You're not getting my friends!" I shouted at him. He grinned the evil grin. "We'll see about that."

My shield was already so cracked. One last slash and it shattered. It sent me flying from the force it made.

My back collided with the wall. I got the wind knocked out of me. But no matter what I wasn't going to let him get by to hurt my friends... And Alya. Nothing is going to happen to her.

I won't let it.

*_*-~

If I opened my eyes, and felt perfectly fine, it meant they did it. And Alya was going to be super pissed at me for what I did.

I was face to face with her when I sat up. Oh yeah, she was really mad. "I can't believe you did that!" She yelled. "I thought I'd lost you!" It seemed like she was going to hit me for my stupidity, but she hugged me tightly instead.

"When Chat Noir came with Viperion still handcuffed, without you, I didn't know what to think. Then he gave him to Purple Tigress and picked me up and told me not to go after you. I tried but he wouldn't let me." She said into my ear.