Gwen and Peter laughed and made witty jokes together. They talked about chemistry, and calculus homework, and quizzes. 

Peter looked at her. "How long till you and MJ gotta go?" He asked softly. 

"Um... that's a good question. She said she was gonna get me." Gwen muttered.

Peter nodded his head and drank some more orange juice.

 He fixed his glasses then looked at her. 

"Um... Gwen I think it's 'bout time I told you... something." He said nervously. 

Gwen's senses tingled. "Yeah?"

It took him a moment. 

His face went red. 

"I... I'm— I like you... like like you. A lot. Always have." He said looking down. 

Gwen's heart stopped. She didn't know what to say— or— well how to respond.

 Peter looked embarrassed and looked away. Gwen looked at him for a minute. Two years go she would've bust out yelling 'Lets Go!' but she didn't feel that way anymore.

"Um... I... wow. I appreciate the honesty, but... you've been my best friend since fourth grade... and it feels weird for me— to like you like that. I am sorry...." 

He nodded his head. "Yeah... it's okay." He muttered looking down.

"GWEN!" 

Peter and Gwen looked up at MJ who tapped her wrist. 

Time to go. 

"I'm sorry, we can talk about this later Peter, but I gotta run." 

"It's okay." He said softly. 

Gwen looked up and ran over to MJ.

Gwen tapped her drumsticks against the snare drum as the other girls practiced their singing. 

She couldn't help but think what Peter said. She was torn in half. Now she felt guilty about not telling him about her power, and what if she said that she liked him like that too?!

She knew she didn't but still! 

It would have been a lie. Her heart ached.

 Peter was her longest lasting friend, other than Harry. 

"Hey Gwen?" 

"Yup?" She asked looking up. 

"You okay? Seem down. You're not playing with as much energy." Emma said softly. 

"Yeah I'm fine. Just dealing with my 'love life'." 

MJ turned around. "Girls, let's go." The other girls came up close to Gwen. 

"Who is the boy?" 

"Yeah!" 

"Is it Parker?!" 

Gwen looked at them. "Please get away from my drums." She said nervously. 

The girls did. 

Kelsey looked at her. "Is it Parker?" She asked again. 

"Well kinda, he confessed love—" 

"I KNEW IT!" 

"YOU TWO WOULD BE PERFECT!" 

"I KNOW RIGHT?!?" 

"Guys... I don't like him like that!" Gwen spat kinda harshly. 

The smile of the girls faded. 

"What did you say to him then?" MJ said softly.