Assignment 57 🍿

Hello everyone! Apologies for the delay, but hope you've all had a great start to your week! 

📄 THE NOTES 📄

1. 💥WRITING SPRINTS - Anybody can toot the horn and start a sprint! We need to get these started again and maybe indulge in some voice chats. We had a voice chat this week which went quite well and turned into a vibe session. Hope we can do more of these.

2. REMEMBER: Some of us have longer chapters than others, and the moderators were contacted about this in the past. Please, do not hesitate to message your partner directly to discuss what is fair, as we're all a pretty tight bunch now. But if you need us or have questions, we're here for you.

3. We have one person interested in diving into our Specialty Reading! All you need to do is let us know if you have a specific partner or if you like the partner you have, stay on for two weeks. Just make sure you let us know so we can record it.

🕗 Just a reminder: If you don't post that you've finished your prior week's reading by Monday at 6:00 AM EST, you'll be removed from the subsequent week's rotations until you complete your reading.

🎺 (Blaring Horn!) And now...

THE PAIRINGS!

(If anyone who is paired needs to get on the hiatus list, let us know ASAP! If I goofed and put someone on or left someone off, let me know!)

***** ***** ***** ***** ***** *****

Constructive criticism is a helpful way of giving feedback that provides specific, actionable suggestions. Rather than providing general advice, constructive criticism gives specific recommendations on how to make positive improvements. Constructive criticism is clear, to the point, and easy to put into action. Some might want more general things, like is it interesting, and others, much more detailed IF the reader is so inclined.

Please check for things your assigned partner is looking for below:

@aditibalaji100 - What I'm looking for: I'd love to get input mainly on the characters and the world-building. I'd love to know both what's working and what's not. I'd also appreciate help rephrasing stuff to make it sound sharper and easier to read.

@juliecotewriter - Would love any kind of feedback/editing with an eye toward feedback on the worldbuilding. Mainly things in the genre of, does it make sense and feel realistic, or are there places that should be explained more, or things that seem to contradict. For Wanderlust: looking at feedback on how the relationship is progressing and the character growth of the main characters.

@RogueWriter55 - Would like to know if the story is interesting, clear, and concise. PLEASE, point out any typos or parts that sound like an IKEA manual written in Swedish. (Translation: it's not clear) I'll take any advice I can get.

@KitCatK8 - Requests any and all feedback, no need to pull punches. Any suggestions on wording, grammar, and spelling are always welcome. Does the story hold your interest? Why or why not? What are your thoughts/theories/feelings about the characters and their relationships/interactions with one another? If something evokes an emotional response (laughter, cringing, tears, fear), I want to know!! Opinions are welcome on what would make the story better.

@DelaneyBrenna - Would like her partner to keep an eye out for repetition with information/descriptors.

@PVChan01 - Would like partners to comment about how engaging and enjoyable they find the story and characters. Please keep an eye out for repetitiveness or awkward sentences. Look out for any big grammar mistakes like misspelled words.

PAIRINGS

📕 Remember to comment by your grouping, so we know you're done!

📗Minimum is two chapters, four inline comments, and a few lines at the end of the second chapter on what you thought, impressions, etc.

aditibalaji100 (Tails Across Time) - juliecotewriter (Continue prior reading)

KitCatK8 (Fallen's First) - RogueWriter55 (WIP) (2 week pairing through Assignment 58)

DelaneyBrenna (WIP) - PVChan01 (The Wild Card's Queen)