✅Assignment 47

Greetings and salutations to the best reading group on Wattpad! WHOO HOO!! Did we enjoy our reading this week? I know I did, what a wild one!

*Clears throat. Let it be known that all occupants of the Veiled Forest shall declare the man 'Rodger' as just 'UGH.'😣😆😱 Doesn't drop the mic, but THROWS it at Rodger.

Thanks to Mariya_Evans for providing the Book of the Month!

Well, onward to......

📄 THE NOTES 📄

1. 💥WRITING SPRINTS - Anybody can toot the horn and start a sprint!

2. I think for the first time in a LONG time, we have close to a full house with aditibalaji100, DelaneyBreena, PVChan, and SGSchumpertWrites all being back! Welcome back! If we've messed up and one of you isn't back... SAY SOMETHING!!!! 😲

3. REMEMBER: Some of us have longer chapters than others, and the moderators were contacted about this in the past. Please, do not hesitate to message your partner directly to discuss what is fair, as we're all a pretty tight bunch now. But if you need us or have questions, we're here for you.

4. If anyone wants to join our Specialty Reading, please, let us know. It is a two-week partnering requirement and a whole lot of fun!

✅5. SOAPBOX TIME AGAIN: Also, if you have new work, folks, put them out there as the ONLY READABLE OPTION. That is the work you might try for traditional publishing, or plan to put in a writing contest or something. In cases like these, screw choices and help yourself with the magnificent readers in our group who give some of the best advice I've ever seen. SOAPBOX TIME ENDED... AGAIN... and AGAIN.

6. A special note for those who read and make suggestions to clarify or better a chapter or even a passage of their partners, especially with THE WATTYS coming up. If anyone is entering anything and needs to modify their scope, let us know!

7. We have a summer break coming up! More info next week.

🕗 Just a reminder: If you don't post that you've finished your prior week's reading by Monday at 6:00 AM EST, you'll be removed from the subsequent week's rotations until you complete your reading.

🎺 (Blaring Horn!) And now...

THE PAIRINGS!

(If anyone who is paired needs to get on the hiatus list, let us know ASAP! Thanks!)

***** ***** ***** ***** ***** *****

Constructive criticism is a helpful way of giving feedback that provides specific, actionable suggestions. Rather than providing general advice, constructive criticism gives specific recommendations on how to make positive improvements. Constructive criticism is clear, to the point, and easy to put into action. Some might want more general things, like is it interesting, and others, much more detailed IF the reader is so inclined.

Please check for things your assigned partner is looking for below:

*HIATUS

*@freya_inkwell- Writes fantasy but currently joining the group as an extra reader.

*@BlameSaiki - Would like to know if the story is enjoyable and if the reader would like to go deeper. If not, what turns people away? What is the story missing?

ACTIVE READERS

@PVChan01 - Would like partners to comment about how engaging and enjoyable they find the story and characters. Please keep an eye out for repetitiveness or awkward sentences. Look out for any big grammar mistakes like misspelled words.

@DelaneyBrenna - Would like her partner to keep an eye out for repetition with information/descriptors.

@SGSchumpertWrites - Wants to be critiqued on everything. Tear it apart (kindly :). If a character is unrelatable, if the dialogue sounds off, if you're getting bored, or feel like the plot is structured strangely, if something doesn't make sense, please tell me. I also tend to overwrite, so if you could help me trim down and cut out unnecessary bits/scenes, which would be lovely. I request no critiquing on grammar/spelling errors since a computer can point out those. Thank you so much for your time and thoughtful consideration. I look forward to working with y'all!

@aditibalaji100 - What I'm looking for: I'd love to get input mainly on the characters and the world-building. I'd love to know both what's working and what's not. I'd also appreciate help rephrasing stuff to make it sound sharper and easier to read.

@juliecotewriter - Would love any kind of feedback/editing with an eye toward feedback on the worldbuilding. Mainly things in the genre of, does it make sense and feel realistic, or are there places that should be explained more, or things that seem to contradict. For Wanderlust: looking at feedback on how the relationship is progressing and the character growth of the main characters.

@RogueWriter55 - Would like to know if the story is interesting, clear, and concise. PLEASE, point out any typos or parts that sound like an IKEA manual written in Swedish. (Translation: it's not clear) I'll take any advice I can get.

@KitCatK8 - Requests any and all feedback, no need to pull punches. Any suggestions on wording, grammar, and spelling are always welcome. Does the story hold your interest? Why or why not? What are your thoughts/theories/feelings about the characters and their relationships/interactions with one another? If something evokes an emotional response (laughter, cringing, tears, fear), I want to know!! Opinions are welcome on what would make the story better.

@Mariya_Evans - Just looking for someone to point out errors/plot holes. Any constructive criticism is also welcomed.

IF SOMEONE WAS ON HIATUS AND WE HAVE YOU MARKED AS ACTIVE (or visa versa), PLEASE LET US KNOW ASAP! Please?

PAIRINGS

📕 Remember to comment by your grouping, so we know you're done!

📗Minimum is two chapters, four inline comments, and a few lines at the end of the second chapter on what you thought, impressions, etc.

KitCatK8 (Fallen's First) - Mariya_Evans (Assassin's Scar)

SGSchumpertWrites (Paint Me a Picture, Paint Me a Saint) - RogueWriter55 (Clearing 2)

juliecotewriter (Wanderlust series (3) alt: Ink and Wine) - DelaneyBrenna (WIP)

aditibalaji100 (Tails Across Time) - PVChan01 (The Wild Card's Queen)

Anyone who needs to provide a link to their partner, please do!

Happy Reading!