🕵🏼‍♂️Assignment 25

Greetings and Salutations to our small but tight-knit reading group!

We hope everyone enjoyed the BOOK OF THE MONTH by @aditibalaji100! I just love rooting for my boy Tonah and the fearless Milee. I've been a fan of Pox Ridden since we first met. Thank you so much, author, for sharing your treasure with us! 🧡 Please remember, I need MORE chapters!

PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOU POST BY THE BOOK NAME THAT YOU'VE READ! (This is for all who are listed as active readers)

If you have an announcement, accomplishments, etc. PLEASE drop us a line so we can fangirl/fanboy over you. We celebrate your successes!

And now, the short but important Notes.

Notes:

1. Sending love and get well wishes for our very own @PVChan01. Covid reared its ugly head but like her strong and fearless MC, Violet, we know our girl will knock it out of existence. Get well, love.

2. the much-loved writing sprints are back live on our discord server! Our wonderfully talented

@KitCatK8 has brought it back with a vengeance and she's giving more than a 2-second notice unlike before 🤣🤣🤣 It's been a nice experience writing and sharing our accomplishments.

3. Mega thanks to everyone who has let us know they are going on hiatus or want to come off hiatus... it makes scheduling people so much easier (shout out to KitCatK8, you are a💎 )

Any notes we've missed, please let us know.

🎺(Blaring Horn!) And now, the pairings!

***** ***** ***** ***** ***** *****

Constructive criticism is a helpful way of giving feedback that provides specific, actionable suggestions. Rather than providing general advice, constructive criticism gives specific recommendations on how to make positive improvements. Constructive criticism is clear, to the point, and easy to put into action. Some might want more general things, like is it interesting and others, much more detailed IF the reader is so inclined.

Please check for things your assigned partner is looking for below:

*HIATUS

*@BlameSaiki - Would like to know if the story is enjoyable and if the reader would like to go deeper. If not, what turns people away? What is the story missing?

*@aditibalaji100 - What I'm looking for: I'd love to get input mainly on the characters and the world-building. I'd love to know both, what's working and what's not. I'd also appreciate help with rephrasing stuff to make it sound sharper and easier to read.

*@RodrickLR- I'm looking for readers that would like to share their opinion about the plot and characters. Is the story engaging and the action thrilling? Are the protagonists well-rounded? Is the world understandable? But most of all, my primary goal is to provide the readers with an enjoyable story, so I would sincerely appreciate all their honest opinions, corrections, and suggestions.

*@freya_inkwell- Writes fantasy but currently joining the group as an extra reader.

*@PVChan01 - Would like partners to comment about how engaging and enjoyable they find the story and characters. Please keep an eye out for repetitiveness or awkward sentences. Look out for any big grammar mistakes like misspelled words.

ACTIVE READERS

@DelaneyBrenna - Would like her partner to keep an eye out for repetition with information/descriptors.

@RogueWriter55 - Would like to know if the story is interesting, clear, and concise. PLEASE, point out any typos or parts that sound like an IKEA manual written in Swedish. (Translation: it's not clear) I'll take any advice I can get.

@KitCatK8 - Requests any and all feedback, no need to pull punches. Is the writing enjoyable, clear, and concise? Are they grammatical errors or typos? Does the story cause any type of emotional reaction? Any suggestions on wording, grammar, and spelling are always welcome. The main question is: Does the story hold your interest? Why or why not? What are your thoughts/theories/feelings about the main character? Is he relatable? Is he believable? Opinions are welcome on what would make the story better.

@juliecotewriter - Would love any kind of feedback/editing with an eye toward feedback on the worldbuilding. Mainly things in the genre of, does it make sense and feel realistic, or are there places that should be explained more, or things that seem to contradict.

@SGSchumpertWrites - Wants to be critiqued on everything. Tear it apart (kindly :). If a character is unrelatable, if the dialogue sounds off, if you're getting bored, or feel like the plot is structured strangely, if something doesn't make sense, please tell me. I also tend to overwrite, so if you could help me trim down and cut out unnecessary bits/scenes, which would be lovely. I request no critiquing on grammar/spelling errors since a computer can point out those. Thank you so much for your time and thoughtful consideration. I look forward to working with y'all!

@EliP56 - Because of my past experience, I realize that I become so obsessed with editing that I stop writing (XD) The focus has changed. I'm looking more for thoughts on the characters, plot, and plot holes. Not necessarily looking for grammar or deep/rough editing-type comments.

@Shannara2 - I'm looking for a reader who will be able to pinpoint grammar mistakes, punction marks, and redundancy, without changing the main theme of my story. I don't want a skimmer, I want a genuine reader with genuine comments and not negative criticism

PAIRINGS

📕 Remember to comment by your group, so we know you're done!

📗Minimum is two chapters, four inline comments, and a few lines at the end of the second chapter on what you thought, impressions, etc.

KitCatK8 (Fallen's First) - RogueWriter55 (The Clearing Origins)

juliecotewriter (In Ink and Wine) - DelaneyBrenna (The Golden Arrow/The Hunted)

Shannara2 (On the Run) - SGSchumpertWrites (Paint Me a Sinner, Paint Me a Saint)

EliP56 (Jacy the Whistler) - KitCatK8 (Fallen's First) and RogueWriter55

*EliP56 will read two chapters of Fallen's First. KitCat8 and RogueWriter will read one chapter each of Cat and Mouse/Jacy the Whistler. My apologies to EliP56 for initially posting the wrong book!

As always please contact, @KitCatK8 or @RogueWriter55 with any questions, problems, comments or... uh, whatever? 😁

HAPPY READING!