Chapter Twenty Eight

Start from the beginning

"I didn't -I didn't want you to kill them- I didn't want-want you -to kill people because of me-I -please."

It had been so insignificant to me to a point where I was completely clueless when he told me what all the lifeless corpse did, why he decided to subject them to such a horrifying fate. I was just traumatised -I was still traumatised and my mind truly failed to process such an atrocious act even though I have seen how evil Lachlan was I still couldn't begin to understand. I couldn't begin grasp the depth of his cruelty. I didn't connect any dots- I just didn't want to get hurt. My fear was the only thing on drive the rest of me was in the back seat.

"Did you think when I asked you what happened I didn't already know." My heart dropped to my stomach, he didn't seem to be understanding me. The image was becoming pretty clear in my head, terror and regret washed over me. When he asked me why I had been crying when we got home I told him I just felt emotional. He had asked me if I was sure and with the image of Irene at the back of my head I assured him- I didn't even think much about it - I was forever scarred about what happened the last time I didn't even want to go through something like that ever again. I shook my head my teeth chattering in fear.

"I -" I didn't know what to say- I didn't know how to beg in order to appease to him because I knew he would hurt me and there was nothing I would do about it but my heart and my entire being still cried for mercy. I watched him crouch still towering over me. His hand on my chin so I looked up at him looking into his eyes that intimidated me to an extent that I felt like my insides would melt. I couldn't stop my hiccups.

"You don't have that right. It doesn't matter what you do -whosoever makes you cry is already dead." I shook my head nodding to show him that I understood, I would do anything to not be under that blood, it was thicker than water and was so painful, every time I would start to drown I could feel every single second of it slowly clogging my airways as I fought for my life. The thought made me sob slowly and incoherently begging him.

"You will come to learn that I only speak once." He said before I knew it I was back to fighting for my life submerged under the liquid except I had no energy in me to fight as I did before. My resistance was futile as I felt my body start to jerk at the blood entering my airways. He always managed to make me experience immense pain in different ways that wound leave me forever traumatised. My lungs felt like they were engulfed in fire as I screamed at the immense pain taking over my body.

...

Lachlan's POV

I stood by the door, watching her sleep, feeling uneasy about having to shower alone due to her being unconscious. The doctor, whose life depended on her stability, assured me that she was in a stable condition. She had to survive, for she had a ring to wear and a name to carry and if she was to die everyone she knew, cared for and was related to would also perish.

Even barely alive she was undeniably beautiful, the most exquisite creature I have ever laid my eyes on. I say creature because she could not possibly be human. Knowing that she would never leave me because I simply would never permit it filled me with profound satisfaction. The only way she would be able to escape me was through death and I had to be tread carefully not to grant her that luxury which proved to be challenging. I was sure she would die by my hand.

My eyes never moved from her still in awe. She was a puzzle I couldn't solve, and her presence alone came with a disruptive storm. I have never thought of anyone to have my heart, neither have I ever had the urge to extinguish a life for casting a glance at someone, that was until her. As she lay there almost lifeless she couldn't even begin to imagine the amount of power she possessed at the tip of her fingers. Her word was my law.