Chapter 5- Trapped

Start from the beginning

And alone.

This shook him because, although he had almost always been and planned to continue being so on his long journey to Ridnbul, he had not arrived to this moment without company, he had done it with a guy, whom he let walk by his side whom he let walk by his side for pity, compassion and appreciation, for not hesitating to help him at that moment, even though this was a completely stupid thought on his part. He had promised to protect him until he reached the kingdom in compensation for his honesty, and yet he was caught and swallowed by a pile of mud, while he himself could do nothing about it and was captured as well.

He closed his eyes tightly, preventing everything he felt from coming out in that way that he felt was so humiliating, that way that he had always tried to avoid showing to anyone, since he was little. Something he couldn't do in front of Alex when he woke up, consumed by pain, a pain that stayed suspended and gripped in him until that precise moment.

The hurried footsteps approaching did not faze him. He had accepted, under his non-existent departure, his destiny, and this, despite saddening him, did not frighten him, it did not produce any fear in him.

However, the voice that addressed him did manage to exalt him with surprise, and he opened his big blue eyes again, hoping to meet his.

"I hope it's not too late," he expressed with concern, softening his expression as a sign of relief at seeing him open his eyes.

Finally meeting his gaze and hearing those words said bothered her.

"How can you be so stupid?!"

Alex was greatly surprised by his reaction.

"Why is the first thing you say to me when we see again an insult?!" He whispered with anger at his attitude "And don't shout, that thing is walking around there, it will come any moment."

"Okey, forget it," he asked, looking away, "I can't get out of here."

Alex cocked his head, confused.

"That's why I came, to get you out," he clarified what he thought was obvious.

"Don't even think about putting your hands in this mud," he warned with difficulty breathing and pronouncing those words. "It nullifies and absorbs the magical power and strength of the person who touches it to trap it."

His warning was completely ignored—like the many times he had given that boy one—introducing his arms up to his elbows, seeking to grab some part of him that he could grip.

"Why don't you listen to what I say? Why are you so stubborn?" His ignorance and stubbornness exasperated him from the first moment they met "You have magical power in you, even if you don't know it..." he paused briefly "And it is about to abandon me..."

His words faded little by little, and the only part he had left afloat also submerged, which made him move more desperately and faster to pull his body out.

The mud melted, and the body he pulled out, which seemed almost lifeless, he held in his arms, not knowing what to do with him.

"Yuki, come on," he called, overwhelmed, "hold on a little longer..."

He moved Yuki's fine jaw to either side with his hands, waiting for him to open his eyes from his shaking. And although he didn't do it, he was reassured by noticing his scarce but existing breathing, and with a few more seconds, his hand lightly squeezing the fabric of the sports shirt that he never managed to change for the clothes he had given his upon arrival.

"What kind of magical creature are you exactly?" He spoke again, still with difficulty, wondering himself.

He smiled.