Chapter 5- Trapped

The poor lighting of the place and the thick mud that surrounded his body prevented him from seeing where he was and moving from there. He also did not know how long he had remained submerged from his feet to his neck in that slime that the woman whocaptured him had created to hold him completely immobilized. The longer he stayed buried, the more of his strength faded from him, as it helped prevent him from escaping and finishing her off. He tried to move as best he could, but this only made it worse, as his movements caused it to harden.

He felt weak, weaker and more fragile than he had been when he was captured. He looked for something, anything that would help him get out of there, but he only saw the creepy woman walking from one side of the place to the other, thoughtful and with obvious nervousness.

"How do I get it out?" she asked herself "should she open it and take it out? Or I just eat it whole?" she thought about it carefully "No, no, if I do that I will kill him and it will be spoiled."

She kept, absorbed, in a conversation of questions and answers, while her tongue continued to meander, with the aim of finding a way to get his power, so much so that she did not realize that he had woken up and could hear her clearly.

He closed his eyes again, preventing her from discovering that he had already come to her senses, and he thought of different ways to escape, but none of them worked. Within a few minutes, he heard the long-tongued woman come out and tried again to move, taking advantage of the opportunity she had given him, but to no avail.

"Oh, but if you've already woken up, you have more energy than I thought," she commented, discovering him. "Don't worry, everything will be mine as soon as I figure out how to do it."

She pulled out a huge knife while she smiled, and the sharp blade of it aimed straight at his body. He had nothing, no strength, no space or even the slightest chance to get out.

"Don't move, I don't want..." she couldn't manage to finish conveying her concern when the echo in the long, dark hallway behind her echoed nonstop "Those idiots!" She cursed "I told them to stay still."

Without hesitation, she left the kind of room into the darkness, just like an angry mother would go out to scold her children for the scandal they were making.

Silence became noticeable around him in a short time, and this completely tensed his body as he could not, in any way, find the slightest idea of ​​getting rid of his imprisonment, since it did not matter if she was present there or not, he couldn't move.

As best he could, he drowned out the anger and frustration he felt at how it had ended up that way, at the thought of how he would never be able to find him again, see him again, and finish what he had sworn to do if he woke up from his long sleep. A dream from which he didn't even know its duration; and a revenge that he completely did not know if he could carry out from the beginning, which had become for him, at that moment, a total and complete impossibility. Thinking about it reminded him how, besides, he would never know what happened, why he did everything he did that day that put him to sleep and that only he would know how long.

Saddened him even more to think of his foolish end, at the hands of a species of subterranean snake without great powers, no value, a creature made solely by mistake when these lands were created. This was what his life had been reduced to; to the food of power of a mere error of creation. No, in reality it was even worse than this, because all that power that she longed for, she would never be able to get it, she would not find it in him and, therefore, the end of his life would not have the slightest purpose, he would die in there, in vain, surely torn to pieces, eaten or disintegrated by the mighty river of acid that emanated from her mouth.