Demo

I'm watched Aru as she ran over to me. Her braid bounced along her back as she sprinted, and her cheeks were flushed by the time she reached me.
“You... Could... Have waited... Y’know!” She said between gasps. I smirked at her.
“Where’s the fun in that?” I asked innocently. She rolled her eyes
“Snob.”
“Troll.”
We stared at each other for a second before laughing, but it felt a second longer than normal.
Quit it Aiden
Your just friends
We began our walk back from school. As we strolled and talked, I glanced at Aru. She was wearing a navy-blue t-shirt with three golden strikes across it, and dark grey cargos over a pair of converse boots. The outfit looks great on her. Her deep brown eyes are flecked with flashes of gold, like lightning, and her face glowed in the morning light. Two shoulder length locks of hair frame her face perfectly and a small smile touched her lips... I can’t believe how beautiful she looked. I am in love with her. I caught myself off guard. But it is true. I’m in love with Aru Shah.

As we walked Aru turned over to look at me - and found me staring at her. I turned away, suddenly finding my shoes remarkably interesting while red creeped up my neck. She quickly did the same.

After trudging in silence for a minute, I finally decided to speak. To tell her how I felt.

“Shah?” I asked, almost hoping she didn’t hear me.

“Mmn?” she replied.

“Um, Shah I have to tell you that...” I began. I risked a glance in her direction and saw her expectant smirk, looking cute as ever. Taking a deep I said, “Rudy asked me to play you a demo.”

Ugh, of course I backed out. Get a grip Aiden!

Aru snorted.
“Is it any good?” she asked.
“No idea, sorry,” I replied, “He wouldn’t let me hear it, and instructed I give it straight to you.” I rolled my eyes and she laughed.

Aru pulled out some wire headphones before asking, “You wanna listen too?”

“Sure,” I answered, trying to ignore how close we were.

Instead of the music I’d been expecting, I heard Rudy’s voice.
“Hey Aru!” Rudy said in the demo, “and cuz, if you’re listening, please do not get mad at me, I’m doing you a favour – I know you won’t man up enough to say it yourself so me and just decided to help.”

Me and Aru shared a confused look.

“Rudy, clear off!” Brynne said through the speaker.
We heard a scuffling noise and someone walking in.

“So, what did you want to talk about Aiden?” Brynne said in the recording. Uh oh. I remember this day. I couldn’t just take the headphones away now, that would look suspicious at least. So all I could do was grimace as the evidence – definitely not a demo – played out.

“I-I think, I mean I know...” recording-me took a slow gasp before continuing and confirming my fears, “I like Shah. Scratch that. I love Shah.”

The recording finished and I stared ahead, my face turning redder by the second. I did not care what happened next, I was going to kill Rudy.

“Aiden?” Aru asked. I turned to face her and explain.
“I- "

But I never got to finish. Because she was kissing me.

Aru Shah was kissing me.

I pulled her closer and she cupped my face with her hand. As my lips brushed hers, it felt like I had been filled with sunlight. I took a breath, savouring how it felt to be with her, before we both pulled apart.

“I may like you back.” she said, “Scratch that. I love you back.”

We started walking again, holding hands this time, until the downpour started. Shielding each other from the rain, we stumbled as fast as we could.
Once we finally made it back, we sheltered under sunshade outside the museum. I stared down into her eyes.

“Bye, Aiden” Aru said, smiling.

“Bye, Shah,” I whispered, before gently kissing her forehead and running over to my house.

Maybe I don’t have to kill Rudy.

Aru Shah one shots/ short stories!On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara