I come outside to find several of my men standing in a circle on the lawn, a metre from the house. They split apart as I approach, revealing what they're crowding around. 

I don't know whether to laugh or kill someone. 

Juliette is sitting on a huge pile of fucking bedsheets, out of breath and laughing. She stiffens when she sees  me, jumping up as if to get the fuck out of there. 

I plaster a smile on my face as I take the last step to her and grab her by the hand, pulling her up and towards me. I wrap an arm around her waist, and walk back to the house, gripping her tight enough to send a clear fucking message. 

"I think it's time we have a little chat Beaumont." 

She rapidly nods her head in agreement, "Same! That's why I was so desperate to get out of my room and see you. I missed that smiling face." 

I get a sense of deja vu as I shove her into my office again, leaning against the door after locking it. As I take a step closer to her she takes a small one back. 

My head tilts as I take in her attire. Pyjamas. 

"Nice little escape attempt there. How'd that go for you?", I try to keep my tone even, calm, revealing nothing of the rage simmering inside. 

She just shrugs, "What can I say. It's been a while since I was part of the girl scouts. I think I've lost some of the finer points of knot-tying technique." 

Enough with the jokes. I've given her adequate time. In fact I've been incredibly fucking patient. 

I take a last step to trap her against the desk, caging her in with my hands on either side of her. 

"I've had enough of this little rebel without a cause thing. As amusing as watching you fall from a fucking rope made out of sheets would be. So I've got something to show you." 

Her breathing quickens slightly, we're so close together that I can feel the rapid rise and fall of chest. Her dark blue eyes widen momentarily but she quickly gets it under control, a mask dropping back in place. 

I reach past her, brushing her arm as I grab a file of papers off my desk. I hand it to her, nodding for her to open it. 

"Have at it." I murmur. 

Despite her obvious reluctance to listen to listen to me, curiosity clearly wins and she pulls out the first photo. 

A man and a woman, kissing in a car. Dated March 20th 2005. 

I'm eager for her reaction. But also she does is turn away from me and place the file down on my desk. 

She turns back a second later, arm swinging out to the side as she does. I barely blink before I feel a harsh impact on the side of my face, and seconds later the undeniable drip of blood down my cheek. 

The remnants of the glass are shattered into pieces on the floor at my feet. 

Again I feel an unexpected impact, now in my stomach, my chest, my jaw. 

She's fucking punching me. Is this girl unhinged? Suicidal? Totally insane? 

She's still hitting me, any inch of skin she can possibly reach. 

Ok that's enough emotional catharsis. 

I reach out and close my hand around her throat, shoving her over and pushing her up against the wall. 

"Are you done?" I grit out, right as she knees me in the dick. 

I tighten my grip, until her limbs still and she gasps faintly. 

She resorts to shaking her head, muttering almost to herself, "It's not true. It's not true." 

I lean forward, getting right in her face, "But it is true. Your precious father, who you're so very loyal to, with his mistress. If you checked through the photos you'd see it lasted several months. All whilst married to your darling mother." 

I know I'm being cruel, I know. But I'm willing to do whatever's necessary for the future of my family, regardless of whether I'm hurting someone's feelings. 

She suddenly shoves her head forward, obviously trying to hit me. But I simply lean to the side so she doesn't touch me. 

After that, the fight goes out of her, she simply slumps down. 

I drop my hand and step back, letting her stand. She just leans back against the wall, stormy eyes staring ahead at nothing. She takes a second, breathing deeply before straightening up and walking over to the chair by my desk. She sits down politely, gesturing for me to do the same. 

Who the fuck is this strange girl who's replaced Juliette? No backtalk, no anger, just calm manners apparently. It's unsettling. 

I sit down warily, unsure if she's going to physically attack me again. No, she seems good. 

"So," she leans forward expectantly, "as blatantly obvious as this manipulation is - I must say I kind of expected better - anyways, for the time being I'm willing to work with you. So. What's your plan?"

I almost pass out from the shock. Co-operation? From Juliette? But I recover quickly, not wanting to lose this opportunity. 

"Well, now that we're on the same page. I don't actually want the agreement with him back. I want to ... handle ...  your father. In person." 

A small smile lifts her lips as she leans back in her chair. "Ok. Let's make a deal." 

hi!!

ugh so keen for this partnership now 

i love juliette so bad 

comment please im begging