Arrival

KEMI

The new boy was entirely different from what I had expected, the boy was a beautiful and charismatic young man.

Don't ask how I had come to such a conclusion within few hours of meeting him,you'll know what I'm talking about.

I glanced at Nene as stood up and scurried away from the new boy and out of class entirely, "She is always like that"

I comforted the new boy who still had his eyes on her disappearing figure, that is what Nene does to you, you get curious about who she is in her shell and she just amuses you in an annoying way, may I add.

"Is she?" The new boy turned his attention back to me and flashed a smile that released a whole lot of butterflies in my belly, boy was he charming.

"Thank you again for the directions you gave me earlier today, who knew we'd be in the same class" He said.

"It's nothing" I pushed it away with a smile, although it was far too stretched for a smile, seeker's god, I was swooning for this fine wine.

"Kems, I'm outside Sha" Efua passed me a knowing look before adding,

"Welcome again to BHS" to the new boy.

He grinned, "and thank you again, Efua"

She smiled and headed out of class.

I knew Efua was favorable of the new boy which was surprising, given that she was not easy to please or a people's person either... He even remembered her name from when she had introduced herself to him earlier which is impressive if you ask me.

"You both are best friends, I guess?" The new boy put his books away and began packing his bag, he still had his attention on me.

"Not entirely, but something like that shaa, she was my first friend when I first arrived at this school " I would have given him the words of encouragement of how to blend in over such a short period of time, but it would be useless, seeing he had it in his palm.

"You transferred here too?" He asked.

"My JSS 3, yes·"

"Wow" He just said.

I stood up and tucked my notebook into my bag and pushed Efua's bag to my own chair where my bag sat too.

"My guy!"Malik swirled to the new boy's side, and with ease they exchanged handshakes.

"Kems, how far" Malik winked at me and I returned a good natured laugh.

"I'm good" I said, "see you around Sean" and I hurried to meet up with Efua, the girl would eat me alive for keeping her waiting.

I could hear Malik's chatter with Sean, the new boy and the new boy was listening with attention.

It made sense now. The boy just had a way of making people confortable around him by giving them the attention they so wanted, he made you feel like his entire being is interested in whatever you had to say. I liked it.

"Liking the new boy, are we?" A low murmur swept accros my ear as Efua snaked her hand around my neck, when I hurriedly fell into steps with her.

"Who? Me?" I feigned ignorance.

"You are too accepting of people" Efua sniffed.

I'm not, but she doesn't know that.

"I'm not, and unrelated though but everyone deserves a chance, don't you think?"

"Abeg, abeg, abeg ooo" Efua rolled her eyes and hissed playfully. "Don't start that with me right now ooo"

"Pele o" I grinned.