Contract

Y/n, after trying to negotiate a new contract with the Lakers, realizes that the highest offer the team can provide is $28 million per year, and they won't have Bird rights.

This presents an interesting decision for Y/n as he contemplates his future in the league.

Y/n informs the Lakers that he will enter free agency and let them pick up his contract if they can secure a deal within the market's terms.

This decision keeps his options open and allows him to explore his value in the league.

During an Instagram Live session with Jenna, Y/n is asked if he told his teammates about the possibility of leaving in restricted free agency.

He responds, "I actually talked to my teammates about it after winning the Finals MVP last year. We knew it could be our last chance to make something special happen, and that's why we balled out this year."

This conversation sheds light on the motivation and determination that fueled their championship run.

When asked if he would like to play for the Pelicans, Y/n responds with conviction, "No chance."

Y/n responds to the question regarding his next destination, "I can't provide that answer just yet, but rest assured, we're in the final stages of contract negotiations. I promise to keep you all in the loop, and I'll make the big announcement during one of our Instagram Live sessions."

Jenna chimes in, "Honestly, even I don't have the inside scoop on this one. We're all eagerly waiting to see where this journey takes us." It's a time of anticipation and excitement as Y/n's next chapter in the NBA unfolds.

Y/n, beaming with excitement, turns to Jenna after their Instagram Live session and says, "You know, I can't wait for our little one to arrive. How about we schedule a doctor's appointment to find out the gender? It'll be an incredible moment for us."

Jenna smiles warmly and nods, placing her hand gently on her baby bump. "I couldn't agree more. Let's make that appointment and start preparing for this next amazing chapter in our lives." The anticipation and joy of becoming parents fill the air as they plan for their future together.

Y/n and Jenna eagerly head to the doctor's office for the gender reveal of their baby. As they watch the ultrasound screen, the doctor announces with a smile, "Congratulations, it's a boy!"

Their faces light up with joy, and Y/n can't help but let out a triumphant cheer. Jenna tears up, overwhelmed with happiness, and they exchange a loving glance.

It's a special moment they'll cherish forever as they start envisioning their future with their little baby boy.

Y/n is filled with excitement after finding out he and Jenna are expecting a baby boy. He picks up his phone and find his brother James contact. As James answers, Y/n can't contain his enthusiasm.

"Hey, James, guess what?" Y/n exclaims.

James, on the other end, chuckles. "What's got you so excited, little bro?"

"We just found out we're having a baby boy!" Y/n exclaims with sheer joy.

There's a pause on the line, followed by James' enthusiastic response, "No way! That's incredible news, Y/n! I'm going to be an uncle!"

The two brothers share a heartfelt conversation about the upcoming addition to the family, and Y/n can't wait for James to meet his nephew when he arrives. It's a wonderful moment of celebration for the L/n family.

*Next Week*

Y/n had always been a man of few words when it came to his career decisions. He believed in letting his actions on the court speak louder than his words off it.