Chapter 2: Stress pure and utter stress.

Y/ns pov

Today was the big day I finally got my new midterm project done. The apple pie looked amazing. But there was only one problem. How was I going to get this thing to the school without having a repeat of last time.....

Y/n: "hmmm...aha!!!"

Y/n would grab a small pastry box before gently sealing the pie inside with a small piece of tape hopefully this box would hold up. For the 30 minute jog to his school.

Y/n: "Alright everything's in place. Let's do this!"

So y/n walks out of his apartment. And enjoyed the fresh air as he carried his midterm project to school. But as he was walking he noticed the 4 girls from yesterday. There eyes lock as y/ns brain replays the events that happend the other day. If he allowed these 4 to ruin his midterm again he might not get another chance to repeat it.

Yang: "heyyyyyyyyyy buddy. Remember us?"

Y/ns brain starts to tell him to do one thing to protect his midterm project.

Y/ns brain: "Run"

And with those words y/n took off running past team rwby leaving them in his dust. But it wouldn't be that easy. The 4 girls quickly gave chase.

Ruby: "W-wait we just w-wanna talk!!!!"

Y/n: "Fuck no! Your not gonna ruin this for me!"

Y/n picked up speed as he kept the pastry box in his hand he made sure to always hold it upright so it didn't get crushed while he was running.

Weiss: "Sir please! I think we got off on the wrong foot the other day! Please just stop running so we can introduce ourselves."

Y/n: "And risk my midterm exam being ruined again no fucken thanks!"

Y/n quickly darts through an alleyway trying to lose the 4 girls but they were hot on his trail.

Blake: "Please stop! We aren't your enemy! We just need to speak with you for a second. It will only take a bit of your time."

Y/n: "fuck no stay away from me you freaky weeb cat lady!! Leave me and my pastrys alone!"

As y/n ran he eventually spotted his school. In the distance he was almost there just a few more minutes.

Y/n: "cmon home stretch baby!!! I'm almost there!!!"

But ruby was too quick she used her semblance to catch up with y/n as she tackled him....and this caused him to drop the box. Everything goes into slow motion. As y/n yells out.

Y/n: "Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!"

With that y/ns eyes glowed a dark green. As he moves at insane speeds. He catches the box in mid air as he uses his body to cushion the fall. Y/n slowly opens his eyes as he scrambles to check inside of the pastry box.

Y/n: "shit shit no please be ok please be ok!"

Y/n opens the box only to see that thanks to that speed boost he was able to save his midterm.

Y/n: "Oh thank oum. My projects safe. Thats all that matters."

Y/n sets the box down next to him Gently as he groans out in pain due to hitting the ground kinda hard.

Ruby: "Hey! Are you ok?!"

Team rwby ran over to y/n as he quickly grabbed his pie box and held it in a protective grasp.

Y/n: "ayo yo yo yo hold up. Back the fuck up. I don't trust any of you guys. First of all you chased me for a full 30 minutes to my school. And not to mention if it wasn't for that weird speed boost thing that I just did my project would have been toast."

Yang: "Listen we get it. So let's compromise ok. Your clearly late for class. Why don't we join you and explain to your teacher why your late.....we will even help you guard your project."

Y/n listend to yangs odd request before nodding slowly it was clear that he was still suspicious of these 4.

Y/n: "Fine.....but don't try any sus shit! No magic weapons or weird.....dust vials."

Y/n motions for the girls to follow him into vale culinary academy. As the 5 of them entered the building team rwby looked around at all of the young chefs working on there projects. It was clear that they were dedicated to there craft.

Team rwby: "woah.....look at them go."

Weiss: "is that guy making hand ice cream?!"

Ruby: "OH MY GOD YANG LOOK THEY HAVE JUMBO COOKIES!!!!!!!"

yang chuckles and ruffles her little sisters hair. Blake meanwhile was in awe at a chef who specialized in cooking fish.

Blake: "woah........it smells so yummy..."

Y/n: "are you 4 done gawking? You owe my teacher an explanation."

Y/n walks twords his classroom he walks in only to see Mr fletcher sitting there grading some other midterms.

Mr fletcher: "Ah mr hex. You finally brought me your midterm assignment."

Y/n: "Yup and these for nimrads were the ones responsible for destroying the first one. "

Team rwby bow there heads in apologizes.

Team rwby: "sorry about that......"

Mr fletcher sighs as he opens the box and trys a slice of the pie. He smiles before entering leos grade for the midterm.

Mr fletcher: "B+ next time add some more frosting."

Y/n nods as he turns to look at team rwby.

Y/n: "Alright. Are you guys done now. Can I go home."

Ruby steps forward before grabbing y/n by the arm.

Ruby: "Nope! Earlier when you were running we all saw that speed boost. That was your semblance. We are going to go speak to professor ozpin."

Y/n: "WAIT WHAT?! WHEN DID I AGREE TO THIS!"